The Riviera Maya is less tight than Cancun and is more spread out than the latter. If you want to have a little more independence and visit the Mayan ruins in Tulum or Coba, you may rent a car. Playa del Carmen serves as a gateway to Cozumel and, in addition to having beautiful beaches, it boasts a welcoming atmosphere that is ideal for families.
The beaches on the north side of the Hotel Zone, as well as the condos in Puerto Cancun, are better options. However, we believe that the Riviera Maya is a superior alternative for families on a number of levels.
What is it like to live in Cancun?
- As the unofficial capital of the Riviera Maya area, the city of Cancun is a whirlwind of activity, to put it mildly.
- After landing at the airport, you’ll be met by hundreds of touts and tour operators who will attempt to draw you into their services the moment you step off the plane.
- Some visitors may be put off by the fact that the city appears to be no different from any other major city in Mexico while they are in the downtown area.
Why is Cancun such a popular destination?
Having opened its doors to the public in the 1970s, Cancun has grown into a popular destination for spring breakers as well as families, solitary travelers, and couples on their honeymoon. A world-renowned destination for its beautiful, white sand beaches and blue Caribbean waters, Cancun’s beaches are a must-see.
Is Cancun Better than Riviera Maya?
- Despite the fact that the beaches in both places are lovely, some people prefer the beach in Cancun because it is broader and more vivid in color than the beach in the Riviera Maya.
- This is because the beach in Cancun is wider and more bright in color than the beach in the Riviera Maya.
- The Riviera Maya is a popular destination for honeymooners since the region has a reputation for being more romantic.
What’s the difference between Cancun and Riviera Maya?
- What is the difference between Cancun and the Riviera Maya?
- Cancun is a significant city on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, located near the northeastern point of the peninsula.
- When it was created in the early 1970s, it was the world’s first tourism-specific destination.
The Riviera Maya is an area to the south of Cancun that stretches from Puerto Morelos to the Sian Ka’an Biosphere and is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches.
Is it better to stay in Cancun or Tulum?
To summarize, both Cancun and Tulum have beautiful white sand beaches and clear blue ocean to offer visitors. Cancun, on the other hand, has unquestionably the bluest water on the whole Riviera Maya, and as a result, the hotel zone in Cancun boasts the best beaches for swimming in wonderfully blue water.
Are the beaches better in Cancun or Playa del Carmen?
Playa del Carmen, on the other side, is home to some beautiful beaches as well. It’s less crowded, more easygoing, and has a more authentic atmosphere when compared to Cancun, which is more ‘Americanized.’ Playa del Carmen will be a better alternative than Cancun if you’re seeking for sun, sea, and sand while visiting a smaller, more laid-back location.
Is Cancun or Riviera Maya cheaper?
Due to the fact that both of these locations are popular tourist sites for people from all over the world, you may anticipate that one will be more expensive than the other. However, the reality is that Cancun may be more affordable than the Riviera Maya for certain items, while the Riviera Maya might be more affordable than Cancun for others.
Is Tulum Better than Riviera Maya?
Tourism in Tulum provides visitors with an opportunity to get historical insight and understanding about the area, as well as about the rich Mexican culture. The Riviera Maya provides a variety of pleasant activities as well as access to the islands. There are several resorts in the area, ranging from mid-range hotels to exclusive luxury hotels with first-class amenities.
What is the most beautiful beach in Cancun?
1. Playa Delfines is a beach in the Dominican Republic. Playa Delfines is Cancun’s largest, most popular, and perhaps most beautiful public beach, sandwiched between vast lengths of resort-dominated beach on either side. Imagine a beach with blindingly white sand and the most electrifying blue sea you’ve ever seen.
Does Riviera Maya have nice beaches?
The Riviera Maya is regarded as one of the world’s premier beach vacation spots. On the Yucatan Peninsula, you may discover beaches with restaurants, live music, and beverages where you can relax, sunbathe, and take in the sights and sounds of the world. On certain islands, there are even unspoiled beaches where you may swim with sea turtles.
How far is Riviera Maya from airport?
Playa del Carmen is located in the Riviera Maya region, 45 minutes from Cancun International Airport. It is a popular tourist destination.
Is Cancun or Tulum more expensive?
In general, Cancun is less expensive than Tulum. However, even though Tulum is one of the most costly regions in Mexico, it is feasible to visit both locations on a tight budget. If you stay in Mexico for an extended period of time, you will be able to get some excellent deals on accommodations.
Is Cancun or Tulum safer?
Tulum, on the other hand, is even safer than Cancun, in part because of its laid-back atmosphere. In fact, it was ranked first on the US News list of the greatest places to visit in Mexico, which was published in December. When you’re alone, you’ll want to take some extra steps to protect yourself. When venturing out at night, use caution.
Which one is better Cancun or Cabo?
Temperatures in Los Cabos are colder and drier, similar to the pleasant weather seen in Southern California. Cancun is humid and located near the Gulf of Mexico, which increases the likelihood of hurricanes and other severe storms. Cabo has an average of 10 rainy days per year, which is very low. Cancun is the ideal destination for anyone wishing to vacation on a tight budget.
Which is safer Playa del Carmen or Cancun?
Both Playa del Carmen and Cancun are regarded to be equally safe vacation destinations. Both cities are Americanized versions of Mexican cities that draw a large number of tourists.
Which is cheaper Playa del Carmen or Cancun?
Cancun is more expensive than Playa del Carmen when we look at the real travel expenditures of actual tourists between the two destinations. Furthermore, not only is Playa del Carmen substantially less expensive, but it is also a significantly less expensive destination. Consequently, traveling to Playa del Carmen will result in you spending less money overall.
What should I avoid in Cancun?
- There are ten things that you should absolutely avoid doing when in Cancun. If you only stay in the hotel zone, you risk losing your resort bracelet. If you only stay in Cancun, you risk eating at Seor Frog’s. If you only stay in Cancun, you risk losing your resort bracelet. If you only stay in Cancun, you risk losing your resort bracelet.