Use Furniture Tacks or Nailheads to Update Furniture If you don’t mind a piece getting a little “holey,” furniture tacks (nailheads), upholstery tacks, or pushpins can be a great way to give a piece of furniture a new look!
How can I change the color of my desk without paint?
Cover a desk in washi tape for a temporary makeover. Alter one patterned strip of tape with a solid color across each surface for an unusual striped effect. Painter’s tape in two colors can be used in place of washi tape to create stripes, chevrons or geometric patterns for another removable option.
How do I change the look of my dresser?
How to Change the Color of Your Bedroom Dresser
- Self-adhesive Paper. The quickest and most easily reversible way to change the color of your dresser is to cover the whole thing with good quality self-adhesive paper.
- Varnish. Tinted varnish adds a hard sheen and a touch of color to any project.
How do you give old furniture a modern makeover?
How to Give Old Furniture a Modern Makeover: 4 Steps to DIY
- Step 1: Decide What Needs to Change. Look at the elements of your piece and decide what’s dated.
- Step 2: Decide What Modern Features to Include.
- Step 3: Repaint or Refinish Old Wood Furniture.
- Step 4: Refinish Metal Features.
How can I update cheap furniture?
15 Cheap and Ingenious Ways to Upgrade Your Furniture
- Add Trim to Curtains.
- Create Cushion Covers Out of Napkins.
- Refresh Wood With Mayonnaise.
- Skim-Coat Countertops With Concrete.
- Paint With Chalkboard Paint.
- Spray Paint Almost Anything.
- Change the Legs.
- Paper It.
How do you update dark wood furniture?
GET YOUR FREE FURNITURE REFINISHING SHOPPING LIST!
- Add Furniture Wax. If you have a piece that is stripped already or just could use new wax, consider adding a darkened wax to it.
- Clean It! Sometimes, all your next project needs is a good scrubbing.
- Spray Paint Secondhand Furniture.
- Add New Hardware.
- Swap Out the Legs.
How do you Modernise old wooden furniture?
Techniques for Updating Old Wood Furniture
- Paint. Relatively cheap, cheerful and easy to use, paint is probably one of the easiest ways to update old wood furniture.
- Stain. Maintain the Old World beauty of the furniture by staining the wood.
- Oil Finish.
How do you change the look of old furniture?
8 Ways to Make Old Furniture Look New
- Strip old painted finishes.
- Stain wood tables and chairs.
- Reupholster an antique.
- Whitewashing, liming and pickling.
- Milk paint.
- Latex and oil paints.
- Spray paint.
- Re-cover a seat cushion.