The average high temperature throughout December is about 66 F (19 C), which means that during the day, a sweatshirt or light jacket is all you need to stay warm. The average low temperature, which typically happens late at night and early in the morning, is 46 F (8 C).27 sep. 2021
Is December a good time to visit San Francisco?
If you don’t mind the chilly winds, you’ll find that winter is a great time to save on a San Francisco vacation. During the cooler months, hotels slash their rates, providing some pretty good deals to their clientele (but you should still book a few weeks in advance for the best rooms and prices).
Is San Francisco cold in December?
December is one of the coldest months of the year in San Francisco. The temperature almost never gets below freezing, and the last time it snowed in San Francisco was over 40 years ago.
What should I wear in San Francisco in December?
What to Pack for the San Francisco Weather in December
- Jacket of medium weight, would be great if it had a hood for rainy days.
- Medium weight sweaters to wear under your jacket.
- Short or long-sleeved light weight shirts.
- Jeans or pants, casual is fine for most places here.
What is the coldest month of the year in San Francisco?
San Francisco County’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 46.4°F. In September, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 71.3°F.
Is Alcatraz open in December?
Alcatraz is open every day except Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s day. Alcatraz frequently sells out in advance, as much as a month or more in summer and near holidays. For schedules, prices, and to purchase tickets in advance please visit the Alcatraz Cruises website.
What is the nicest part of San Francisco?
Best Neighborhood to Stay in San Francisco
- Nob Hill. Nob Hill is one of the most upscale neighborhoods in San Francisco.
- North Beach. If you’re looking for a more casual neighborhood, North Beach is a strong option.
- The Mission.
What is the cheapest month to fly to San Francisco?
The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is August.
What areas to avoid in San Francisco?
Here Are The 8 Most Dangerous Places In San Francisco After Dark
- The Tenderloin. [carlo cravero/Flickr.
- Hunters Point. Edward Stojakovic/Flickr.
- Bayview. Nick Normal/Flickr.
- Mission District. Ariel Dovas/Flickr.
- Outer Mission.
- Western Addition.
- SOMA (South of Market)
- Golden Gate Park.
Where should I go in San Francisco in December?
If you find yourself in San Francisco during the holidays, our list below will make sure it’s a holiday to remember.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum.
- The Exploratorium.
- A Christmas Carol.
- Anchor Steam Brewery.
- Ghirardelli Square.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Ghirardelli Square.
- Grace Cathedral.
What is there to do in San Francisco in 3 days?
The Perfect 3–Day Itinerary For San Francisco (2020 Updated Travel Guide)
- Golden Gate Bridge.
- Palace of Fine Arts.
- Ghirardelli Square.
- Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Coit Tower & North Beach.
How do I not look like a tourist in San Francisco?
How Not to Look Like a Tourist in San Francisco
- Always layer.
- If you must buy a sweatshirt, get anything related to the 49ers.
- And save those Google or Facebook T-shirts.
- Still, think casual
- Leave your umbrellas at home.
- Don’t, under any circumstances, call the city San Fran.
- Do stroll around Chinatown, but don’t make it a dining destination.
How long does it take to walk across Golden Gate Bridge?
How Long Does it Take to Walk Across the Golden Gate Bridge. Round trip will be approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on how many times you stop to look at the stunning views along the way.
What is the hottest month in San Francisco?
According to weather.com, the warmest month on average is September with an average high of 71°F and low of 56°F. San Francisco gets about 15 days per year with a temp over 90°F. Typically, there are not more than 3 over 90 degree days in a row.
What should I wear in San Francisco?
No matter the season, here are a few tips on what to wear in San Francisco year-round:
- Always Dress in Layers.
- Pack a Jacket or Warm Layer.
- Wear Open-Toed Shoes at Your Own Risk.
- Avoid Flowy Dresses and Skirts.
- What to Wear to Dinner: No Need for Formal Wear.
- Spring Day Trip Tips.
- Summer Day Trip Tips.
- Fall Day Trip Tips.
Does it ever get hot in San Francisco?
The Warmest Months in San Francisco
It doesn’t normally get hot in the city although spring and fall sometimes see temperatures in the 80’s. You’ll still need a sweater or jacket most evenings at least.