Broadway is a major thoroughfare in the downtown area in Nashville, Tennessee. It includes Lower Broadway, an entertainment district renowned for honky tonks and live country music. The street is also home to retail shops, restaurants, dessert spots, tourist attractions, and a few hotels.
- Broadway is a major thoroughfare running from the southwest to the northeast through the heart of downtown Nashville.Extending from 21st Avenue South to First Avenue, the street connects neighborhoods like the Gulch and Music Row with the Cumberland River waterfront. Broadway is the demarcation line where many of Nashville’s roadways change their designation from north to south.
What is the name of the street in Nashville with all the bars?
Broadway Street is the most fun place in Nashville. Broadway, and the adjoining avenues, are filled with bars and restaurants.
What street is Music Row in Nashville?
Situated southwest of downtown, Music Row is home to several businesses and attractions related to the city’s musical heritage. Considered the heart of Nashville’s entertainment industry, the Music Row area is centered on 16th and 17th Avenues South, which are known as Music Square East and West respectively.
What is the downtown area of Nashville called?
2. The District. The District, short for downtown Nashville’s historic district, encompasses the area around Broadway and 2nd Avenue. Don’t let the “historic” aspect fool you; this corner of the city is more rockin’ good times than a trip back in time.
What is the main area in Nashville?
1. Downtown. Downtown is Nashville’s economic and tourism hub, as well as the geographic center of the city. This is the heart of Music City’s beat.
Where do stars hang out in Nashville?
Best Places to Spot Celebrities in Nashville
- Bluebird Cafe.
- Whole Foods in Green Hills.
- The Mall at Green Hills.
- Pancake Pantry.
- Clyde’s on Church Ping-Pong Bar.
- Franklin, TN.
- Bongo Java on Belmont Blvd.
- Pinewood Social.
What is the best location to stay in Nashville?
Whether you are exploring this music-centric city for a family vacation or business trip, downtown is the best place to stay in Nashville. It is also an expensive area to stay, and exudes a lively atmosphere.
What’s the main strip in Nashville called?
Broadway is a major thoroughfare in the downtown area in Nashville, Tennessee. It includes Lower Broadway, an entertainment district renowned for honky tonks and live country music.
Do you need a car to get around Nashville?
Nashville gets more walkable by the day, with many neighborhoods holding enough attractions, restaurants, and activities that you may not need a car. The key to making this work is finding a neighborhood you want to explore and booking your lodging there, even if it costs a few more dollars.
How far is music row from downtown Nashville?
It was a perfect location, since you are in between Downtown and Vanderbilt, both approx a 1 mile walk. It has its own restaurants and bars which are frequented by the locals.
What does SoBro mean in Nashville?
Nashville’s SoBro (“South of Broadway”) neighborhood is one of the main downtown areas, home to major attractions like the the Music City Center and Omni Hotel, as well as popular restaurants like The Southern, Etch, and Pinewood Social.
What are bad areas in Nashville?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Nashville, TN
- West Meade. Population 469. 307 %
- Salemtown. Population 341. 267 %
- Heron Walk. Population 11,940. 248 %
- Glencliff. Population 7,729. 243 %
- Haynes Area. Population 7,150. 230 %
- Bordeaux. Population 5,092. 153 %
- Talbot’s Corner. Population 12,018. 149 %
- Inglewood-Riverwood. Population 7,184. 124 %
How do you get around downtown Nashville?
The Best Ways to Get Around Nashville
- Cabs. The cab situation in Nashville is fairly standard for a midsize city: Many individual cab companies are available at all hours to take you wherever you need to go.
- Music City Circuit.
- Golf Carts.
Is the Gulch area in Nashville safe?
There is crime, and I wouldn’t feel safe at all. I’m not sure about the “North” Gulch, unless you mean Church Street. There are some gay bars up there, but I still wouldn’t walk around at night there, no matter how careful you are.
Is Nashville a walkable city?
Nashville is one of the least walkable cities in America, according to Walk Score’s 2011 ranking of U.S. cities. Walk Score’s study considered the number of amenities in a neighborhood and their proximity to residents. The closer grocery stores, restaurants, banks, coffee shops, schools, etc.
Where should I stay in Nashville without a car?
Nashville Hotels and Places to Stay
- Music City Hostel. Nashville, Davidson County.
- Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.
- Clarion Hotel Nashville Downtown – Stadium.
- Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
- Hotel Indigo Downtown Nashville.
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel.
- The Hermitage Hotel.
- Hutton Hotel.