What is there to do in Philadelphia today?
Top Attractions in Philadelphia
- Eastern State Penitentiary. 6,285 reviews.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art. 7,253 reviews.
- Barnes. 5,315 reviews.
- Reading Terminal Market. 4,678 reviews.
- Independence Hall. 8,950 reviews.
- Museum of the American Revolution. 1,299 reviews.
- One Liberty Observation Deck. 1,248 reviews.
- Liberty Bell Center.
What’s free in Philly today?
Top Free Things to Do in Philadelphia
- The Liberty Bell Center.
- Independence Hall.
- The Rocky Statue and the Rocky Steps.
- LOVE Sculpture.
- Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and Winterfest.
- Once Upon a Nation Storytelling Benches.
Which parts of Philadelphia are dangerous?
The most dangerous areas of Philadelphia you should avoid include:
- Alleghany West.
- North Central Philadelphia.
- Strawberry Mansion.
Is Philadelphia Safe?
Although the main tourist areas of Philadelphia like Center City are generally safe, frequent travelers say other parts of the city (like South, North or West Philly) can be very dangerous.
Is Philadelphia a good place to live?
Live in an Affordable City with Good Job Growth
With a growing job market and a cost of living that’s 4% below the national average, Philly is a great place to live for college students, young professionals, families with kids, and retirees alike!
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no-cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
Are Philly museums free on Sundays?
On Pay What You Wish Sundays, often called Philadelphia Art Museum free Sundays, the museum is open from 10 AM – 5 PM and pay what you wish is all day. On Wednesdays, this Philadelphia art museum is open from 10 AM – 8:45 PM. The pay what you wish hours begin after 5 pm.
What is there to do in Philly at night?
25 Fun Things to Do in Philadelphia at Night — The Best Night Activities!
- Spruce Street Harbor Park. 301 S Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest.
- Sonny’s Famous Steaks.
- Cherry Street Pier.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- Historic District.
- Independence Beer Garden.
- Screenings Under The Stars.
Where is the ghetto in Philadelphia?
Usually, it is widely understood to be an area between Kensington Avenue to the east and Broad Street to the west, and between Hunting Park Avenue to the north and York Street to the south, mostly coinciding with the neighborhoods of Fairhill, Glenwood, Hunting Park, Harrowgate, Stanton, North Central, West Kensington,
Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
What Are The “Bad” Areas Of Philadelphia
- #1 Fairhill. With a population of just over 17 thousand, Fairhill is known as “El Centro de Oro” or “Center of God” and is located in the Northeast section of Philadelphia.
- #2 North Philadelphia/East.
- #3 Alleghany West.
- #4 Parkland.
- #5 Hunting Park.
- #6 Tioga-Nicetown.
- #7 Mantua.
Where should I not go in Philadelphia?
8 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Philadelphia – Ever
- Pump their fists next to the Rocky statue.
- Ask if you should go to Pat’s or Geno’s.
- Eat at City Tavern.
- Visit the Betsy Ross House.
- Wander too far north or too far south.
- Order food without knowing exactly what you want.
- Walk slowly.
- Go to South Street at night.
Is Philadelphia a ghetto?
While it is true that Philly has some ghettos in the North Philly, West Philly, and East Germantown areas, it’s not true that the whole city is ghetto. However, to the untrained eye, South Philly (between downtown and the stadiums & airport) may seem like ghetto, but it really isn’t.
Is Philly more dangerous than NYC?
Philadelphia among top deadliest cities in U.S. this year
Criminal justice academics who study crime say cities have been destabilized by pandemic lockdowns. And for the fourth year in a row, Philadelphia is seeing more homicides than New York City, a city where the population is more than five times bigger.
Is Philadelphia safe at night?
Philadelphia is generally safe to walk in day or evening, especially if you keep to the busier streets like Market, Chestnut or Walnut.