What can you do in Philadelphia for a day?
- Snap a photo in front of the Liberty Bell.
- Pose with the Rocky Statue & run up the “Rocky Steps”
- Enjoy an authentic Philly cheesesteak.
- Tour Independence Hall, the birthplace of the United States.
- Visit the famous LOVE sculpture.
- Chow down on food from dozens of vendors at Reading Terminal Market.
What can couples do in Philadelphia?
Most Romantic Things to Do in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Urban Adventures. Photo courtesy of Philadelphia Urban Adventures.
- Rodin Museum. Museum District & Fairmount Park.
- Waterfront Winterfest at Blue Cross River Rink. Penn’s Landing.
- Boathouse Row.
- Love Letter Tour.
- Fairmount Park.
- City Food Tours.
- Dream Garden.
What can you do for free in Philadelphia?
Top Free Things to Do in Philadelphia
- The Liberty Bell Center.
- Independence Hall.
- The Rocky Statue and the Rocky Steps.
- LOVE Sculpture.
- Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and Winterfest.
- Once Upon a Nation Storytelling Benches.
What is Philadelphia best known for?
Philadelphia is most famous for the Liberty Bell, Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Mummers. Additionally, it is known for its revolutionary history in general, the top-notch Philadelphia Orchestra, and being the “City of Brotherly Love”.
Is downtown Philadelphia safe at night?
Center City is extremely safe, and you can feel comfortable on the streets basically any time of day or night, but if you wander too far north from Fishtown, Center City or too far south from South Philly, you may find yourself in a sticky spot.
Is Philadelphia worth visiting?
Sure, Philly is worth a visit. Captal of the fledgling U.S. during the Revolutionary War, Independence Hall and theLiberty Bell, and great museum of art, and the best soft pretzels anywhere.
Where can I get laid in Philadelphia?
best bars to get laid in Philadelphia, PA
- Oscar’s Tavern. 0.3 mi. 325 reviews.
- Hop Sing Laundromat. 0.8 mi. 864 reviews.
- Raven Lounge. 0.2 mi. 219 reviews.
- Dirty Franks. 0.7 mi. 274 reviews.
- Tattooed Mom. 1.3 mi. 675 reviews.
- The Ranstead Room. 0.2 mi. 479 reviews.
- The Trestle Inn. 0.8 mi. 201 reviews.
- Atlantis, The Lost Bar. 3.1 mi.
Is Philly more dangerous than NYC?
Philadelphia among top deadliest cities in U.S. this year
Criminal justice academics who study crime say cities have been destabilized by pandemic lockdowns. And for the fourth year in a row, Philadelphia is seeing more homicides than New York City, a city where the population is more than five times bigger.
Where should I take my girlfriend on a date?
Second date ideas
- Do some pub trivia.
- Hit up an arcade or video game bar.
- Head to the zoo.
- Take a mini road trip to someplace not too far away.
- Go to an escape room.
- Go ice skating.
- Hit up a local artist art gallery.
- Find a nearby quirky museum.
Are Philly museums free on Sundays?
On Pay What You Wish Sundays, often called Philadelphia Art Museum free Sundays, the museum is open from 10 AM – 5 PM and pay what you wish is all day. On Wednesdays, this Philadelphia art museum is open from 10 AM – 8:45 PM. The pay what you wish hours begin after 5 pm.
Where can I go at night in Philadelphia?
25 Fun Things to Do in Philadelphia at Night — The Best Night Activities!
- Spruce Street Harbor Park. 301 S Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest.
- Sonny’s Famous Steaks.
- Cherry Street Pier.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- Historic District.
- Independence Beer Garden.
- Screenings Under The Stars.
Is the Philly Art Museum free?
Enjoy Pay What You Wish admission on the first Sunday of the month and every Friday night (5:00–8:45 p.m.). Free admission for PA ACCESS & EBT cardholders and their family members.
Advance reservations are strongly recommended.
|Youths (18 & under)||Free|
Is Philadelphia dangerous city?
The majority of Americans ranked Philadelphia middle of the road in terms of considering it safe, with 48% of them considering it either very safe or fairly safe. The city of brotherly love also boasts an assault and robbery rate of more than 500 per 100,000 people.
What desserts is Philadelphia known for?
Philadelphia’s 8 Most Over-the-Top Desserts, Ranked
- Cannoli. Termini Brothers (address and info)
- Whoopie Pie. Beiler’s Bakery (address and info)
- Salted Caramel Sticky Buns. Kermit’s Bake Shoppe (address and info)
- Brownie ‘wich.
- Five Spice Ricotta Beignets.
- Chocolate Pizza.
- Salted Caramel Budino.
Is Philadelphia a cool city?
It’s official: Philadelphia is cool. First, The New York Times ranked Philadelphia #3 on its list of the 52 best places to visit in 2015. Plus, Travel + Leisure got in on the Philly love-fest by declaring Philadelphia to be America’s Next Great Food City.