What is there to do in San Francisco this weekend?
Here’s our local’s guide to a 3 day long weekend in San Francisco!
- Arsicault Bakery.
- Golden Gate Park.
- De Young Museum.
- California Academy of Sciences.
- Baker Beach.
- San Tung Restaurant.
- Twin Peaks.
- Marco Polo Italian Ice Cream.
What can you do in San Francisco right now?
Best things to do in San Francisco
- Golden Gate Bridge. Things to do Presidio.
- Alcatraz Island. Things to do Walks and tours San Francisco.
- PIER 39 + Fisherman’s Wharf. Things to do Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Golden Gate Park. Things to do Golden Gate Park.
- Ferry Building Marketplace. What is it?
- Chinatown. Things to do.
- The Painted Ladies.
- Dolores Park.
What should you not miss when visiting San Francisco?
- View of Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach.
- Visit the Musee Mecanique.
- Eat at Spark Social Food Trucks.
- Have Tea at the Japanese Tea Garden.
- Soak Up the sun at Dolores Park.
- See the Mission Murals.
- Visit Haight Ashbury.
- Eat Italian at North Beach.
Where can I go in the Bay Area this weekend?
14 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways in the Bay Area, CA
- Lake Tahoe. Lake Tahoe.
- Stinson Beach. Stinson Beach.
- Point Reyes. Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore.
- The Claremont Club & Spa. The Claremont Club & Spa | Photo Source: The Claremont Club & Spa.
- Monterey. Old Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea. Carmel Mission.
- Lake Berryessa. Lake Berryessa.
- Bodega Bay.
How can I spend 2 days in San Francisco?
San Francisco 2–day itinerary
- Walk through Chinatown and North Beach.
- Off the Grid.
- Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Go Thrifting in Haight-Ashbury.
- See a Sing-a-Long in the Castro.
- Grab a Burrito in the Mission.
Is Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 the same thing?
Pier 39 is just a part of adventure-filled Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. When it comes to Fisherman’s Wharf and Pier 39 in San Francisco, it helps to know that Pier 39, a popular tourist destination, is just one part of the much larger Fisherman’s Wharf, a year-round travel destination.
How long does it take to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge?
How Long Does it Take to Walk Across the Golden Gate Bridge. Round trip will be approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on how many times you stop to look at the stunning views along the way.
Where do tourists stay in San Francisco?
- Nob Hill & Union Square (Downtown San Francisco) – Where to stay in San Francisco for the first time.
- Fisherman’s Wharf & North Beach – Where to stay in San Francisco with a family.
- SoMa / South of Market.
- The Mission & The Castro – Where to stay in San Francisco for nightlife.
- Hayes Valley.
- Best apartments in San Francisco.
How far is Yosemite from San Francisco?
Many tourists plan to see Yosemite while visiting San Francisco, about 200 miles away. Because Yosemite is one of the most popular tourist destinations in California, several companies offer services to help you get to Yosemite.
What should I avoid in San Francisco?
10 Things Everyone In San Francisco Should Avoid At All Costs
- Driving downtown San Francisco during games for the Giants. Steve Rhodes/Flickr.
- FIsherman’s Wharf. R L/Yelp.
- Sinkholes. Peretzp/Flickr.
- Bay Bridge Traffic. David Yu/Flickr.
- Outdoor parades and events while in a rush. David Yu/Flickr.
- Dog poo on the sidewalk.
- Confusing cable cars with streetcars.
- Construction sites.
Is Alcatraz worth seeing?
“Is Alcatraz worth visiting?” is a big question to ask.
San Francisco isn’t a cheap destination with many attractions to see. And visiting Alcatraz is … In short: Yes, an Alcatraz tour is worth it. People flock to this former prison mainly because the infamous history is fascinating.
Where should you not go in San Francisco?
Although San Francisco is mostly safe, there are neighborhoods that can be tricky to navigate, including the Tenderloin, the Mission, and sometimes Union Square. In these parts of the city, being on high alert can keep you out of trouble. Don’t bring a car, if you can help it.
Where can I go today in the Bay Area?
Best things to do in the Bay Area
- Stroll around Golden Gate Park. Things to do Golden Gate Park.
- Bike the Golden Gate Bridge. What is it?
- Go on a Fruitvale taco crawl. What is it?
- Hike Mount Tam.
- Eat oysters at The Marshall Store.
- Sample the bounty on the Sonoma Farm Trails.
- Paddle with River’s Edge Kayak & Canoe Trips.
- Visit Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
Where can I go this weekend in Northern California?
10 Best Weekend Getaways in Northern California
- Lassen Volcanic National Park. Credit: Alyssa L. Ochs.
- San Francisco. San Francisco. San Francisco.
- Mount Shasta. Mt. Shasta.
- Lava Beds National Monument. Credit: Alyssa L. Ochs.
- Chico. Alyssa L. Ochs.
- Bodega Bay. Credit: yhelfman/shutterstock.com. Bodega Bay.
- Monterey. Cannery Row and Beach in Monterey. Monterey.
- Sonoma. Alyssa L. Ochs.
Where can I go on a road trip in San Francisco?
Perfect Fall Road Trips for When You Need to Escape San Francisco
- Healdsburg. Distance from SF: 68 miles; one-hour and 15-minute drive.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park. Distance from SF: 236 miles; 3 1/2-hour drive.
- Glen Ellen.
- San Luis Obispo.
- Fish Camp.
- Gualala, California.
- Nevada City.