What city is Fort Lewis in Washington?
Fort Lewis is a United States military facility located 9.1 miles (14.6 km) south-southwest of Tacoma, Washington, under the jurisdiction of the United States Army Joint Base Garrison, Joint Base Lewis–McChord.
How far is Fort Lewis from Seattle?
It is 36 miles from Seattle to Fort Lewis. 5 дней назад
What cities are near Fort Lewis Washington?
Cities near Fort Lewis
- Lakewood, WA.
- Spanaway, WA.
- Parkland, WA.
- University Place, WA.
- Elk Plain, WA.
- Tacoma, WA.
- Lacey, WA.
- Puyallup, WA.
How far is Joint Base Lewis-McChord from Seattle?
Lewis-Main (Joint Base Lewis–McChord), is located in the Pacific Northwest. It is 45 miles south of Seattle on Interstate 5. If you are driving, you should have no trouble finding Lewis Main. Interstate 5 divides the JBLM installations; Exit 120 will take you to the main gate, which is open 24 hours a day.
What are the best army bases to be stationed at?
- Fort Riley – Kansas. Named after Maj.
- Fort Knox – Kentucky. Fort Knox is on the smaller side, but with plenty of history.
- Fort Leonard Wood – Missouri. Smack in between St.
- Fort Sam Houston – Texas.
- Fort Belvoir – Virginia.
- Fort Lewis – Washington.
- Fort Benning – Georgia.
- Schofield Barracks – Hawaii.
What is the largest military base in the world?
The world’s biggest military bases
- Fort Bragg (population: 270,811, area: 163,000 acres)
- Fort Campbell (population: 237,497, area: 105,000 acres)
- Fort Hood Military Base (population: 227,000, area: 214,968 acres)
- Joint Base Lewis – McChord (JBLM) (population: 175,000, area: 414,000 acres)
- Fort Benning (population: 105,887, area: 182,000 acres)
Does Fort Lewis deploy?
No deployments, the units haven’t deployed since 2012 so if thats an issue for the family your good just ntc every year but other than that do what you can there I personally didn’t like it the rain all day every day killed it for me in my fours years there. Hope this helps.
What is Fort Lewis known for?
Fort Lewis, named after Meriwether Lewis of the famed Lewis and Clark expedition, is one of the largest and most modern military reservations in the United States. Consisting of 87,000 acres of prairie land cut from the glacier-flattened Nisqually Plain, it is the premier military installation in the Northwest.
Does it snow in Fort Lewis Washington?
Fort Lewis, Washington gets 48 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Fort Lewis averages 6 inches of snow per year.
Where should I live when stationed at Fort Lewis?
The closest communities to the Fort Lewis gate near I-5 are Dupont, Lakewood, and Steilacoom. These popular Fort Lewis neighborhoods offer unbeatable convenience plus great schools. Steilacoom is just minutes from post and a small town of just 6,000.
What city is closest to Jblm?
Located just 9 miles from Fort Lewis Army Base and McChord AFB (now called Joint Base Lewis McChord or JBLM), the town was named as one of the “most livable” areas in the country as well as the “most walkable” city in the country.
Where should I live if stationed at JBLM?
Pierce County Cities to Live in That Are Great for Commuting to JBLM
- South Tacoma. South Tacoma refers to a large area of Tacoma that’s filled with smaller “micro” neighborhoods.
- Parkland. Parkland is located immediately to the east of JBLM.
- Downtown Puyallup.
- South Hill.
Is Fort Lewis a good duty station?
As long as you’re an active person, Fort Lewis is a great place to be. Ok, now we’re talking it’s an outdoorsman’s paradise. There are tons of national parks, plus all the skiing and rock climbing you can handle. This is a great place for active soldiers and Denver is only an hour and 30 minutes away.
How far is Fort Lewis Army base from Seattle airport?
The distance between Seattle Airport (SEA) and Fort Lewis is 26 miles.
What units are stationed in Fort Lewis?
- I Corps.
- 62nd Airlift Wing.
- 627th Air Base Group.
- Madigan Army Medical Center.
- 7th Infantry Division.
- 593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command.
- Regional Health Command Pacific.
- 1st Special Forces Group.