What is there to do in Philadelphia at Christmas?
10 Festive Things to Do During Christmas in Philadelphia
- Philly’s Christmas Village. The beautiful Christmas Village in downtown Philadelphia.
- The Miracle on South 13th Street.
- Christmas at the Wanamaker Building.
- RiverRink Winterfest.
- Reading Terminal Market Holiday Railroad.
- Jewelers’ Row Lights.
- The Franklin Square Holiday Festival.
Where should I eat on Christmas Day in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia-Area Restaurants Open on Christmas Day
- Appetites on Main—Exton.
- Barrel’s Fine Foods —Philadelphia.
- Bocelli’s— Doylestown.
- Buca di Beppo—Multiple Locations.
- Lily Sushi & Grill— Kennett Square.
- Red Owl Tavern—Philadelphia.
- Square 1682—Philadelphia.
- Tom’s Dim Sum— Media/Chinatown.
What do you normally do on Christmas Day?
On Christmas Day we open the fun presents and stockings and are much more laid-back. Dinner is more casual and whereas Christmas Eve dinner is the same every year, Christmas Day dinner is different every year, depending on that year’s theme.
What can you do in Philadelphia for a day?
- Snap a photo in front of the Liberty Bell.
- Pose with the Rocky Statue & run up the “Rocky Steps”
- Enjoy an authentic Philly cheesesteak.
- Tour Independence Hall, the birthplace of the United States.
- Visit the famous LOVE sculpture.
- Chow down on food from dozens of vendors at Reading Terminal Market.
What do couples do at Christmas?
20 of Our Favorite Christmas Traditions for Couples
- Tradition #1: Go on a hot cocoa date.
- Tradition #2: Christmas classics and chill.
- Tradition #3: Hallmark Christmas movie countdown.
- Tradition #4: Christmas Eve toast.
- Tradition #5: A Christmas Vacation.
- Tradition #6: Check out the light shows.
Where should I go for Christmas in PA?
The 21 Most Festive Things to Do During Christmas in Pennsylvania
- Market Square and PPG Place in Pittsburgh.
- Holiday Lights on the Lake in Altoona.
- Christmas Village in Philly.
- Dickens of a Christmas in Wellsboro.
- Hersheypark’s Christmas Candylane in Hershey.
- It’s a Wonderful Life Festival in Indiana.
What’s Open in Philly on Christmas Day?
What’s Open on Christmas Day in Philly?
- “Being ___ at Christmas” at National Museum of Jewish American History. Every year on December 25, the National Museum of Jewish American History hosts a day of family fun.
- ‘Christmas Underwater’ at Adventure Aquarium.
- One Liberty Observation Deck.
- The Miracle on South 13th Street.
Is Acme open on Christmas Day?
Grocery Stores Open on Christmas Day
Acme: Most stores are open from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
What’s a good Christmas dinner menu?
60 Iconic Christmas Dinner Recipes To Fill Out Your Whole Menu
- of 60. Baked Ham With Brown Sugar Glaze.
- of 60. Perfect Prime Rib.
- of 60. Cranberry Brie Bites.
- of 60. Beef Tenderloin.
- of 60. Pull-Apart Christmas Tree.
- of 60. Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- of 60. Best-Ever Glazed Spiral Ham.
- of 60. Roast Beef.
What can you do on Christmas night?
What are some fun things to do for Christmas Eve traditions?
- Open a Gift.
- Watch a Special Christmas Movie.
- Have a Special Christmas Eve Dinner.
- Play a Family Game.
- Give a Christmas Eve Box.
- Christmas Eve Church Service.
- Bake Cookies for Santa.
- All-day Pajama day with Games, Treats, and Crafts.
What is Philadelphia famous for?
Philadelphia is most famous for the Liberty Bell, Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Mummers. Additionally, it is known for its revolutionary history in general, the top-notch Philadelphia Orchestra, and being the “City of Brotherly Love”.
Is downtown Philadelphia safe at night?
Center City is extremely safe, and you can feel comfortable on the streets basically any time of day or night, but if you wander too far north from Fishtown, Center City or too far south from South Philly, you may find yourself in a sticky spot.
Is Philadelphia worth visiting?
Sure, Philly is worth a visit. Captal of the fledgling U.S. during the Revolutionary War, Independence Hall and theLiberty Bell, and great museum of art, and the best soft pretzels anywhere.