Where can I live outside of Philadelphia?
- Chesterbrook. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Penn Wynne. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Ardmore. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Swarthmore. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Narberth. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Berwyn. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Blue Bell. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- East Whiteland Township. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
What are the best places to live near Philadelphia?
This Philadelphia suburb is the best place to live in America, ranking shows
- Chesterbrook – No.
- Penn Wynne – No.
- Ardmore – No.
- Swarthmore – No.
- Berwyn – No.
- Devon – No.
- East Whiteland Township – No.
Where should I live to commute to Philadelphia?
Here are 5 of some of the best suburbs around Philadelphia with easy access to the city center.
- Bryn Mawr. On the western outskirts of the city is the town of Bryn Mawr, home to the prestigious Bryn Mawr College.
- Fort Washington.
- Bella Vista.
Where is the safest place to live in Philadelphia?
Safest Neighborhoods in Philadelphia
- Bustleton – The Safest Philadelphia Neighborhood to Live In.
- Somerton – Quiet Living in Philadelphia.
- Chestnut Hill – Affluent & Peaceful Community in Philadelphia.
- Rhawnhurst – Welcoming Philadelphia Community for All.
- Fox Chase – Affordable, Safe Philadelphia Neighborhood.
What is the wealthiest suburb of Philadelphia?
Most Expensive Philadelphia Neighborhoods in 2020
- Rittenhouse Square. Rittenhouse Square is often considered one of the most sought after and most affluent neighborhoods in Philadelphia, and for good reason.
- Chestnut Hill.
- Society Hill.
- Old City.
- Queen Village.
- Washington Square West.
- Graduate Hospital.
- Northern Liberties.
Is Philadelphia a good place to live?
Live in an Affordable City with Good Job Growth
With a growing job market and a cost of living that’s 4% below the national average, Philly is a great place to live for college students, young professionals, families with kids, and retirees alike!
What’s the worst part of Philly?
The Worst Neighborhoods In Philadelphia For 2021
- Hunting Park.
- Strawberry Mansion.
- Alleghany West.
- Haddington-Carroll Park.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in Philadelphia?
The analysis determined that in Philadelphia, the income required for comfortable living for homeowners is $82,439. Meanwhile, for renters, this amount is $92,639. This means that the local median income of $40,649 is significantly below what is needed to easily buy or rent in the area.
Where do celebrities stay in Philadelphia?
You never know who you’ll run into at AKA University City. The Philadelphia hotel, located at 2929 Walnut St., is a favorite of celebrities, with past guests including Kevin Hart, Nicole Kidman and Michael B. Jordan.
What is the best part of Philly?
While there are many neighborhoods, these five are the most prized by buyers, renters and visitors for their housing, amenities and viability:
- Old City, Society Hill and Queen Village.
- Rittenhouse Square.
- Chestnut Hill/Mount Airy. University City.
Is Bala Cynwyd safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Bala Cynwyd is 1 in 63. Based on FBI crime data, Bala Cynwyd is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Pennsylvania, Bala Cynwyd has a crime rate that is higher than 76% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Philadelphia Safe?
Although the main tourist areas of Philadelphia like Center City are generally safe, frequent travelers say other parts of the city (like South, North or West Philly) can be very dangerous.
What to Know Before moving to Philly?
11 Things to Know before moving to Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is a city of neighborhoods.
- Philly gets about 20 inches of snow each winter.
- Getting around is easier than New York or DC.
- Philly speak is easy with this primer.
- You can eat a lot more than cheesesteak.
- History haunts some Philadelphia museums.
Should I buy a house in Philadelphia?
Philly presents affordable living, and buying there is a good investment, too. With an appreciation rate of 141.16% from 2000 to 2018, Philadelphia homes offer a great return on your money. When considering your budget, you’ll want to factor in Pennsylvania property taxes.
Is South Philly safe at night?
Wander too far north or too far south
Center City is extremely safe, and you can feel comfortable on the streets basically any time of day or night, but if you wander too far north from Fishtown, Center City or too far south from South Philly, you may find yourself in a sticky spot.