What is there to do in Philadelphia this weekend?
Top Places To Visit In Philadelphia for a Weekend
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens.
- Famous Elfreth’s Alley.
- Liberty Bell & Independence Hall.
- Betsey Ross House.
- Rocky Stairs.
- Take A Stroll Through Rittenhouse Square.
- Rodin Museum.
- Reading Terminal Market.
Which areas of Philadelphia are dangerous?
The most dangerous areas in Philadelphia is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Tioga-Nicetown. Population 17,382.
- Alleghany West.
- North Central.
- Strawberry Mansion.
- Haddington-Carroll Park.
What should I avoid in Philadelphia?
The most dangerous areas of Philadelphia you should avoid include:
- Alleghany West.
- North Central Philadelphia.
- Strawberry Mansion.
What’s free in Philly today?
Top Free Things to Do in Philadelphia
- The Liberty Bell Center.
- Independence Hall.
- The Rocky Statue and the Rocky Steps.
- LOVE Sculpture.
- Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and Winterfest.
- Once Upon a Nation Storytelling Benches.
Are Philly museums free on Sundays?
On Pay What You Wish Sundays, often called Philadelphia Art Museum free Sundays, the museum is open from 10 AM – 5 PM and pay what you wish is all day. On Wednesdays, this Philadelphia art museum is open from 10 AM – 8:45 PM. The pay what you wish hours begin after 5 pm.
What is there to do in downtown Philly?
- Snap a photo in front of the Liberty Bell.
- Pose with the Rocky Statue & run up the “Rocky Steps”
- Enjoy an authentic Philly cheesesteak.
- Tour Independence Hall, the birthplace of the United States.
- Visit the famous LOVE sculpture.
- Chow down on food from dozens of vendors at Reading Terminal Market.
Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
What Are The “Bad” Areas Of Philadelphia
- #1 Fairhill. With a population of just over 17 thousand, Fairhill is known as “El Centro de Oro” or “Center of God” and is located in the Northeast section of Philadelphia.
- #2 North Philadelphia/East.
- #3 Alleghany West.
- #4 Parkland.
- #5 Hunting Park.
- #6 Tioga-Nicetown.
- #7 Mantua.
Is it safe to walk in downtown Philadelphia?
Philadelphia is generally safe to walk in day or evening, especially if you keep to the busier streets like Market, Chestnut or Walnut.
Where should I move in Philadelphia?
7. There are plenty of other great neighborhoods in Philly to move to.
- Rittenhouse Square and Old City for Philadelphia history buffs.
- University City for students and hospital staff.
- Fishtown for hipsters.
- Callowhill for live music lovers.
- Fairmount for fine art connoisseurs.
Who is the richest person in Philadelphia?
According to Forbes, Victoria Mars is worth $7.2 billion, making her Pennsylvania’s richest resident and the 74th riches in the nation. Mars is the heir to and Board of Directors Chairman of Mars Inc. candy and pet food company.
What is the most dangerous city in PA?
Here are the top 10 cities with the highest number of violent and property crimes, including robberies and burglaries, according to the analysis. McKees Rocks: This borough in Allegheny County has been named the most dangerous two consecutive years by RoadSnacks.
Is Philly a bad city?
Philadelphia has a lot of good, family-friendly neighborhoods but when it comes to crime, Philadelphia ranks significantly high on the scale. According to research conducted this year and government statistics, the crime rate in Philadelphia is 55% higher than the country’s average crime rate.
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no-cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
Is Philly safe?
Although the main tourist areas of Philadelphia like Center City are generally safe, frequent travelers say other parts of the city (like South, North or West Philly) can be very dangerous.
What is there to do in Philly at night?
25 Fun Things to Do in Philadelphia at Night — The Best Night Activities!
- Spruce Street Harbor Park. 301 S Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest.
- Sonny’s Famous Steaks.
- Cherry Street Pier.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- Historic District.
- Independence Beer Garden.
- Screenings Under The Stars.