What is there to do in Philadelphia today?
Top Attractions in Philadelphia
- Eastern State Penitentiary. 6,285 reviews.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art. 7,253 reviews.
- Barnes. 5,315 reviews.
- Reading Terminal Market. 4,678 reviews.
- Independence Hall. 8,950 reviews.
- Museum of the American Revolution. 1,299 reviews.
- One Liberty Observation Deck. 1,248 reviews.
- Liberty Bell Center.
What’s free in Philly today?
Top Free Things to Do in Philadelphia
- The Liberty Bell Center.
- Independence Hall.
- The Rocky Statue and the Rocky Steps.
- LOVE Sculpture.
- Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- Spruce Street Harbor Park.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest and Winterfest.
- Once Upon a Nation Storytelling Benches.
What is the most dangerous street in Philadelphia?
The most dangerous areas in Philadelphia is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Tioga-Nicetown. Population 17,382.
- Alleghany West.
- North Central.
- Strawberry Mansion.
- Haddington-Carroll Park.
What should I avoid in Philadelphia?
The most dangerous areas of Philadelphia you should avoid include:
- Alleghany West.
- North Central Philadelphia.
- Strawberry Mansion.
Is Philadelphia Safe?
Although the main tourist areas of Philadelphia like Center City are generally safe, frequent travelers say other parts of the city (like South, North or West Philly) can be very dangerous.
What is Philadelphia known for?
What is Philadelphia known for? Philadelphia is most famous for the Liberty Bell, Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Mummers. Additionally, it is known for its revolutionary history in general, the top-notch Philadelphia Orchestra, and being the “City of Brotherly Love”.
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no-cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
Are Philly museums free on Sundays?
On Pay What You Wish Sundays, often called Philadelphia Art Museum free Sundays, the museum is open from 10 AM – 5 PM and pay what you wish is all day. On Wednesdays, this Philadelphia art museum is open from 10 AM – 8:45 PM. The pay what you wish hours begin after 5 pm.
What is there to do in Philly at night?
25 Fun Things to Do in Philadelphia at Night — The Best Night Activities!
- Spruce Street Harbor Park. 301 S Christopher Columbus Boulevard.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest.
- Sonny’s Famous Steaks.
- Cherry Street Pier.
- Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- Historic District.
- Independence Beer Garden.
- Screenings Under The Stars.
What part of Philly is ghetto?
Usually, it is widely understood to be an area between Kensington Avenue to the east and Broad Street to the west, and between Hunting Park Avenue to the north and York Street to the south, mostly coinciding with the neighborhoods of Fairhill, Glenwood, Hunting Park, Harrowgate, Stanton, North Central, West Kensington,
Where should I not live in Philadelphia?
What Are The “Bad” Areas Of Philadelphia
- #1 Fairhill. With a population of just over 17 thousand, Fairhill is known as “El Centro de Oro” or “Center of God” and is located in the Northeast section of Philadelphia.
- #2 North Philadelphia/East.
- #3 Alleghany West.
- #4 Parkland.
- #5 Hunting Park.
- #6 Tioga-Nicetown.
- #7 Mantua.
Is Philadelphia a ghetto?
While it is true that Philly has some ghettos in the North Philly, West Philly, and East Germantown areas, it’s not true that the whole city is ghetto. However, to the untrained eye, South Philly (between downtown and the stadiums & airport) may seem like ghetto, but it really isn’t.
Who is the richest person in Philadelphia?
According to Forbes, Victoria Mars is worth $7.2 billion, making her Pennsylvania’s richest resident and the 74th riches in the nation. Mars is the heir to and Board of Directors Chairman of Mars Inc. candy and pet food company.
What is the most dangerous city in PA?
Here are the top 10 cities with the highest number of violent and property crimes, including robberies and burglaries, according to the analysis. McKees Rocks: This borough in Allegheny County has been named the most dangerous two consecutive years by RoadSnacks.
Is Philly safe at night?
Philadelphia is generally safe to walk in day or evening, especially if you keep to the busier streets like Market, Chestnut or Walnut.