The location’s latitude and longitude coordinates are: 31.039856, -104.830772, respectively. Van Horn is a tiny town in eastern Texas, located a few miles from the border with Mexico and around 16 miles east of El Paso. It is a little community near Highway 10, and it is home to a few hundred people.
Where is Van Horn on a map?
- Van Horn is a fictional character created by American author Stephen King in his novel The Catcher in the Rye (the US) Display a map of the United States.
- Van Horn is a town in and the county seat of Culberson County in the state of Texas, United States of America.
- According to the 2010 census, the population of Van Horn was 2,063, a decrease from the 2000 census population of 2,435 people.
It is the westernmost incorporated community in the state of Texas’s Central Time Zone region.It is also the westernmost incorporated community in the whole state of Texas.
What is the GNIS number for Van Horn Texas?
1370571 is the GNIS feature identification number. Van Horn is a town in and the county seat of Culberson County in the state of Texas, United States of America. According to the 2010 census, the population of Van Horn was 2,063, a decrease from the 2000 census population of 2,435 people.
What are the physical features of Van Horn Texas?
- Texas State Highway 54, which runs north from Van Horn for 65 miles (105 kilometers), takes you to Pine Springs and the Guadalupe Mountains in northern Texas.
- As reported by the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total land area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2), which is entirely on land.
- Threemile Peak, with an elevation of 4,868 feet (1,484 m), rises to the northwest, providing a panoramic view over the town.
What major city is Van Horn Texas near?
Geography. Van Horn is located in southern Culberson County at 31°2′33′′N 104°49′59′′W, which is the geographic center of the county (31.042489, -104.832928). It is connected to El Paso through Interstate 10, which runs through the town and connects it to Fort Stockton in the east and El Paso in the west.
How far is Van Horn Texas from Mexico border?
The border between the United States and Mexico is only a little more than 30 miles away, and Van Horn finds itself in the midst of one of the most active pathways for illicit drug smuggling from Mexico into the rest of the United States.
What is Van Horn Tx known for?
Van Horn is a town in Culberson County in the state of Texas. Located twelve miles south of the eventual townsite, the Van Horn Wells were purportedly found by Maj. Jefferson Van Horne, who rose to the position of commander at Fort Bliss in El Paso in 1849, and were well-known to visitors during the nineteenth century.
What towns are between Van Horn and El Paso?
In the middle of the journey between Van Horn, TX and El Paso, TX McNary, Texas is the perfect city to meet in between Van Horn, Texas and El Paso, Texas since it is around 2 miles from the precise halfway. The zip code 79839 is the one that is closest to the midway. Coordinates for the location are 31° 13′ 31′ N and 105° 46′ 19′ W, which are accurate latitude and longitude coordinates.
How far is Van Horn to El Paso?
121 miles / 195 km
|Get:||vacation flight hotel SEARCH|
What Mexican town is across from El Paso?
Ciudad Juárez is a city in Mexico. Juárez has a population of around 1.5 million people, according to population estimates. The city is located on the Rio Grande (Rio Bravo del Norte), south of El Paso, Texas, near the border with Mexico.
What is the Mexican city right across the border from El Paso?
City of Juarez (Spanish: Ciudad Juárez) is a Mexican state capital and major port city located in the center of Mexico’s Chihuahuan Desert. It has a population of 1.3 million people. Juarez shares a border with El Paso, Texas, and it is here that the Rio Grande River divides the boundaries of Mexico and the United States.
What county is Van Horn TX in?
VAN HORN (U.S. Highways 80 & 90) and State Highway 54 are the primary routes through Culberson County. It is located on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, 36 miles west of Kent in southwestern Culberson County, and is the county seat.
What is there to do in Van Horn Texas?
- The Red Rock Ranch Tours are around 4 miles long. There are guided driving and hiking tours available at Red Rock Ranch. Other nearby attractions include: The Clark Hotel Museum, which is 1 mile away
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, which is 63 miles away
- McDonald’s Observatory, which is 74 miles away
- The Historic Fort Davis, which is 79 miles away
- Fort Leaton, which is 138 miles away
- Big Bend National Park, which is 172 miles away
- Big Bend Ranch State Park, which is 168 miles away
- Big Bend Ranch State Park,
What mountains are in Van Horn Texas?
The Van Horn Loop is a hiking trail in the Guadalupe Mountains.
What is the crime rate in Van Horn Texas?
During a typical year in Van Horn, the rate of crime is 60.15 per 1,000 people, which is a low rate. People who reside in Van Horn often believe that the west side of the city is the safest section of the city.