Is Indianapolis worth visiting?
Indy is a small city, bursting with attractions
You may have to drive a bit to get to some key sights (such as the state fairgrounds, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway), but they’re well worth the trip.
What is Indianapolis Indiana famous for?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions & Things to Do in Indianapolis, IN
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Walk along or Paddle down the Central Canal.
- Monument Circle.
- See the Sights in White River State Park.
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art.
What is there to do in Indianapolis Indiana today?
Top Attractions in Indianapolis
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. 3,885 reviews.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. 2,793 reviews.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. 1,444 reviews.
- Lucas Oil Stadium. 1,592 reviews.
- Central Canal. 1,127 reviews.
- Victory Field. 1,269 reviews.
- Indianapolis Zoo.
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
What can couples do in Indianapolis?
Five Perfect Date Nights
- Action Duckpin Bowl & Atomic Bowl Duckpin.
- Bakersfield Tacos, Tequila & Whiskey.
- Bazbeaux Pizza.
- The District Theatre.
- Fountain Square Theatre Building.
- Gallery Pastry Shop.
- JW Marriott Indianapolis.
- Mesh on Mass.
Is downtown Indianapolis safe at night?
Indy is safe overall, but there are still some areas and situations you should avoid while there, like any big city. There have been some robberies in downtown Indy, so be careful when using an ATM or walking around at night.
Is Indianapolis a fun city?
Indy Nightlife – Sports Bars, Live Music, and Lounges
Indianapolis is a sports-crazed city. But whether you’re looking just to watch a game or dance the night away or there is a ton to do downtown according to USA Today 10 Best.
Is Indianapolis dangerous?
INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis is one of the most dangerous big cities in America, said a new study from SafeWise. The study, which the company conducts each year, placed Indy at number nine on a list of the top ten most dangerous cities.
What percentage of Indianapolis is black?
Today Indianapolis is a diverse, multi-ethnic city with a 30% black population and a total non-White population of 45%. The city continues to face extreme economic and health disparities between races.
Why is Indianapolis called Naptown?
Back in the 60s and 70s downtown Indianapolis was a sleepy town that would roll up the sidewalks after 5:00 or 6:00 and nothing was happening. So this the downtown had this sleepy reputation and you heard the word nap when you say IndiaNAPolis hence the name Naptown.
What can you do for free in Indianapolis?
12 Best Fun Free Things to Do in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Artsgarden.
- Indianapolis Art Center.
- Free Summer Concerts.
- Indianapolis City Market.
- Walk, Bike or Run the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- War Memorials.
- Workout Wednesdays.
What malls are in Indianapolis?
These places are best for shopping malls in Indianapolis:
- The Fashion Mall at Keystone.
- Circle Centre Mall.
- Castleton Square.
- Southport Antique Mall.
- The Main Attraction Antique Mall.
Is there an aquarium in Indiana?
Enjoy a zoo, aquarium and botanical garden all in one – year-round at the Indianapolis Zoo!
What’s good about Indianapolis?
Check out our list below of what we think makes Indianapolis great and start planning your visit.
- The Famous St. Elmo’s Steakhouse and all other food.
- Skywalk System.
- City Pride.
- The Canal Walk.
- The Indianapolis Colts.
- Indy 500 Race and Festival.
- Amazing State Parks.
- Carmel’s Arts and Design District/Antique Alley.
What is there to do in Indianapolis in December?
Best Things to Do in December in Indianapolis
- Circle Of Lights. Photo courtesy of Indianapolis CVB.
- Jolly Days.
- Christmas at the Zoo.
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
- Conner Prairie by Candlelight.
- Indianapolis Auto Show.
- Christmas Gift and Hobby Show.
- Festival of Trees at Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center.