What is the closest city to Fort Campbell?
The nearest towns to Fort Campbell are Clarksville (TN), Oak Grove (KY), and Hopkinsville (KY).
What can you do at Fort Campbell?
10 Things Your Military Family Will Love About Fort Campbell, KY
- McGregor Park Riverwalk.
- Blackhorse Pub & Brewery.
- Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area.
- Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Road Trip to Nashville.
- Old Glory Distilling Co.
- Tie Breaker Park.
- Beachaven Vineyards & Winery.
How far is Nashville Airport from Fort Campbell?
The distance between Nashville Airport (BNA) and Fort Campbell North is 57 miles.
Is Fort Campbell in Kentucky or Tennessee?
Fort Campbell is a “World Class Community” and is home of the Screaming Eagles, of the 101st Airborne – the Army’s only Air Assault Division. Fort Campbell lies on the Kentucky – Tennessee border between the towns of Hopkinsville Kentucky and Clarksville Tennessee.
How many soldiers are stationed at Fort Campbell?
According to latest Army projections, Fort Campbell will continue to support a large military population (comprising around 27,058 Active Component Soldiers) in the foreseeable future. Major units located at Fort Campbell include: 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
Does it snow in Fort Campbell KY?
Fort Campbell North, Kentucky gets 51 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. Fort Campbell North averages 6 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
Is Fort Campbell deploying?
FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (AP) — More than 200 soldiers from Fort Campbell are deploying to Kuwait, the 101st Airborne Division announced. The 101st Division Sustainment Brigade will conduct mission command operations and provide logistical support while deployed to the U.S. Central Command area.
What is the largest military base in the world?
The world’s biggest military bases
- Fort Bragg (population: 270,811, area: 163,000 acres)
- Fort Campbell (population: 237,497, area: 105,000 acres)
- Fort Hood Military Base (population: 227,000, area: 214,968 acres)
- Joint Base Lewis – McChord (JBLM) (population: 175,000, area: 414,000 acres)
- Fort Benning (population: 105,887, area: 182,000 acres)
Can you tour Fort Campbell?
Tours are only offered from March 1 – Oct. 31 annually, due to the possibility of inclement weather cancellations during the winter months. Tours are not scheduled on weekends, federal holidays, or 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) training holidays (DONSAs).
What do you need to get on Fort Campbell?
Although entry to Fort Campbell is restricted, students may obtain access by presenting the proper documentation at the Visitors Center located at Gate 4. The required documents include driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.
Does Clarksville TN have an airport?
Clarksville–Montgomery County Regional Airport (IATA: CKV, ICAO: KCKV, FAA LID: CKV) (John F. Outlaw Field) or simply Outlaw Field, is seven miles northwest of Clarksville, in Montgomery County, Tennessee.
How do I get from Nashville Airport to Fort Campbell?
If arriving at Nashville International Airport, you will be responsible for transportation from the airport to Fort Campbell. An airport shuttle will cost approximately $70 to take you from the airport to Fort Campbell.
What units are stationed at Fort Campbell Kentucky?
It’s home to the following units:
- 101st Airborne Division.
- 160th SOAR.
- 5th Special Forces.
- 101st Combat Aviation Brigade.
- 101st Sustainment Brigade.
- 101st Field Artillery Division.
- 19th Air Support Operation Squadron.
- Blanchfield Army Community Hospital.
Is Fort Campbell closed?
18, 2021, Fort Campbell is closed for non-essential services.
What military installations are in Tennessee?
Tennessee Military Bases
- Air Force Bases. Arnold Air Force Base in Tullahoma, TN. Tullahoma, Tennessee Military Bases.
- Army Bases. Holston Army Plant Army Base in Kingsport, TN. Kingsport, Tennessee Military Bases.
- Navy Bases. NSA Mid South Naval Base in Millington, TN. Millington, Tennessee Military Bases.