Is December a good time to visit San Francisco?
If you don’t mind the chilly winds, you’ll find that winter is a great time to save on a San Francisco vacation. During the cooler months, hotels slash their rates, providing some pretty good deals to their clientele (but you should still book a few weeks in advance for the best rooms and prices).
Is it cold in San Francisco in December?
December is one of the coldest months of the year in San Francisco. The temperature almost never gets below freezing, and the last time it snowed in San Francisco was over 40 years ago.
What is there to do in San Francisco at Christmas?
Christmas in San Francisco: Things to Do to Celebrate the Holidays
- Union Square Festivities.
- Ice Skating.
- Fairmont Gingerbread House.
- Westin St.
- A Christmas Carol at American Conservatory Theater.
- Joy at the San Francisco Zoo.
- San Francisco Ballet Nutcracker.
- The Ferry Building Becomes the Merry Building!
What is there to do in San Francisco in the winter?
10 Things to do in San Francisco in Winter
- Admire the Lights. Many neighbourhoods and areas, such as Union Square, have elaborate light displays just for the holidays.
- Eat Good Food.
- Go to a Basketball Game.
- Try Ice Skating.
- Explore the California Academy of Sciences.
- See a Show.
- Go Shopping.
- Visit the Exploratorium.
How do people dress in San Francisco in December?
What to Pack for the San Francisco Weather in December
- Jacket of medium weight, would be great if it had a hood for rainy days.
- Medium weight sweaters to wear under your jacket.
- Short or long-sleeved light weight shirts.
- Jeans or pants, casual is fine for most places here.
What is the coldest month of the year in San Francisco?
San Francisco County’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 46.4°F. In September, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 71.3°F.
What is the cheapest month to fly to San Francisco?
The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is August.
What areas to avoid in San Francisco?
Here Are The 8 Most Dangerous Places In San Francisco After Dark
- The Tenderloin. [carlo cravero/Flickr.
- Hunters Point. Edward Stojakovic/Flickr.
- Bayview. Nick Normal/Flickr.
- Mission District. Ariel Dovas/Flickr.
- Outer Mission.
- Western Addition.
- SOMA (South of Market)
- Golden Gate Park.
Is Alcatraz open in December?
Alcatraz is open every day except Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s day. Alcatraz frequently sells out in advance, as much as a month or more in summer and near holidays. For schedules, prices, and to purchase tickets in advance please visit the Alcatraz Cruises website.
What’s open Christmas Day San Francisco?
15 Restaurants with Christmas Day menus & details
- Fogo de Chao – San Francisco. (1278) Brazilian Steakhouse SOMA.
- Zingari Ristorante & Rooftop. (2067) Italian Downtown / Union Square.
- Porterhouse. (1181)
- Bistro Vida. (2024)
- British Bankers Club. (251)
- Reposado Restaurant. (2414)
- FARM at Carneros. (2376)
- Brix. (5484)
What is San Francisco like in December?
You won’t have a white Christmas while visiting San Francisco unless you head out of town to Lake Tahoe, but December is in the rainy season and prone to winter storms. It’s also one of the coldest months with lots of cloudy days. In December, you can expect about 9.5 hours of daylight for exploring the city.
Where can I see Christmas lights in San Francisco?
San Francisco Christmas Lights 2020: Where to See Holiday Decorations All Around Town. San Francisco Christmas lights are one of my favorite things about the holidays. You will find colorful displays all around town including Union Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, and City Hall.
Does San Francisco have winter?
Winter, from December to mid-March, is mild and quite rainy. There are, however, sunny and dry periods, sometimes long. Very cold days are rare: at most, the temperature can approach freezing (0 °C or 32 °F) during the night, and only on colder periods it remains about 8/10 °C (46/50 °F) during the day.
Does it snow in San Francisco?
San Francisco, California gets 25 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 38 inches of rain per year. San Francisco averages 0 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
Is January a good time to go to San Francisco?
January is a great time to get the best prices for hotels in San Francisco. With demand for hotels low this time of year, room rates become low as well. Making it an even better reason to visit.