What is Indianapolis famous for?
The city is home to three Fortune 500 companies, two major league sports clubs, four university campuses, and several museums, including the world’s largest children’s museum. However, the city is perhaps best known for annually hosting the world’s largest single-day sporting event, the Indianapolis 500.
What is special about Indianapolis?
Indianapolis is the state capital of Indiana and plays host to the world-renowned Indy 500 motor race each May. Aside from big events and speeding race cars, Indy (as it’s otherwise known) is blessed with plenty of green space, glistening waterways and remarkable memorials, making for a charmingly picturesque city.
Is Indianapolis worth visiting?
Indy is a small city, bursting with attractions
You may have to drive a bit to get to some key sights (such as the state fairgrounds, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway), but they’re well worth the trip.
What is there to do in Indianapolis Indiana today?
Here are the top 30 best and fun things to do in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Monument Circle. Sean Pavone / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Intiaz Rahim / flickr.
- White River State Park. Cory Cox / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Zoo.
- Lilly House and Gardens.
- Bad Axe Throwing.
- Duckpin Bowling.
- Tappers Arcade Bar.
What is the most dangerous part of Indianapolis?
The Worst Neighborhoods In Indianapolis For 2021
- Far Eastside.
- Near North.
- West Indianapolis.
- United Northeast.
What food is Indianapolis famous for?
Everyone In Indianapolis Absolutely Loves These 10 Foods And Drinks
- A tenderloin sandwich. Tripofa L./TripAdvisor.
- Milkshakes or ice cream from Traders Point Creamery. Traders Point Creamery/Facebook.
- Fried pickles. Will Folsom/Flickr.
- Country fried steak.
- Craft beer.
- Sugar cream pie.
- Square donuts.
- Pulled pork.
Is Indianapolis a fun city?
Indy Nightlife – Sports Bars, Live Music, and Lounges
Indianapolis is a sports-crazed city. But whether you’re looking just to watch a game or dance the night away or there is a ton to do downtown according to USA Today 10 Best.
Is Indianapolis safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM
Overall, Indianapolis is a relatively safe city to visit though certain areas are prone to high levels of crime. Use caution throughout the city to minimize your risks.
What is the racial makeup of Indianapolis?
White: 60.90% Black or African American: 28.55% Other race: 3.47% Asian: 3.43%
What can you do for free in Indianapolis?
12 Best Fun Free Things to Do in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Artsgarden.
- Indianapolis Art Center.
- Free Summer Concerts.
- Indianapolis City Market.
- Walk, Bike or Run the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- War Memorials.
- Workout Wednesdays.
What is there to do indoors in Indianapolis?
The 12 Best Things to Do Indoors in Indianapolis
- 01 of 12. Explore the IndyCar Factory.
- 02 of 12. Go Jumping at Sky Zone.
- 03 of 12. Eat Local at the Indianapolis City Market.
- Attend the Indy Film Fest. Indianapolis, together with Indiana State University, hosts a 10-day film festival each March.
- 06 of 12.
- 07 of 12.
- 08 of 12.
- Garfield Park Conservatory.
How far is Chicago from Indianapolis?
There are 164.82 miles from Indianapolis to Chicago in northwest direction and 181 miles (291.29 kilometers) by car, following the I-65 N route. Indianapolis and Chicago are 3 hours 5 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What can couples do in Indianapolis?
- Museums. Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. 3,886.
- Museums. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. 2,793.
- Museums. Indianapolis Museum of Art. 1,444.
- Fun & Games. Lucas Oil Stadium. 1,592.
- Sights & Landmarks. Central Canal. 1,127.
- Sights & Landmarks. Victory Field. 1,268.
- Zoos & Aquariums. Indianapolis Zoo.
- Sights & Landmarks. Monument Circle.
Does it snow in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis averages 22 inches of snow per year.