Is it safe to walk around downtown Indianapolis?
Downtown is pretty safe IMO. You will have no issues walking all around downtown Indy. It is safe. The best areas for Pokémon Go tend to cluster along the four “diagonal” streets that sprout off from downtown.
What is there to do in Indianapolis Indiana today?
Here are the top 30 best and fun things to do in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Monument Circle. Sean Pavone / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Intiaz Rahim / flickr.
- White River State Park. Cory Cox / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Zoo.
- Lilly House and Gardens.
- Bad Axe Throwing.
- Duckpin Bowling.
- Tappers Arcade Bar.
What can couples do in Indianapolis?
Five Perfect Date Nights
- Action Duckpin Bowl & Atomic Bowl Duckpin.
- Bakersfield Tacos, Tequila & Whiskey.
- Bazbeaux Pizza.
- The District Theatre.
- Fountain Square Theatre Building.
- Gallery Pastry Shop.
- JW Marriott Indianapolis.
- Mesh on Mass.
What is there to do in Indianapolis for free?
12 Best Fun Free Things to Do in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Artsgarden.
- Indianapolis Art Center.
- Free Summer Concerts.
- Indianapolis City Market.
- Walk, Bike or Run the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- War Memorials.
- Workout Wednesdays.
What are the bad areas of Indianapolis?
Here Are The 7 Most Dangerous Places In Indianapolis After Dark
- Haughville. the.urbanophile/Flickr.
- West 29th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tuxedo Park. Tuxedo Park Baptist Church/Facebook.
- Mass Ave. and East 34th Street.
- West 30th to Fall Creek Boulevard. El/Flickr.
- East 34 St. and Sutherland Ave.
- East 42nd and Post Road.
What percentage of Indianapolis is black?
Today Indianapolis is a diverse, multi-ethnic city with a 30% black population and a total non-White population of 45%. The city continues to face extreme economic and health disparities between races.
What food is Indianapolis famous for?
Everyone In Indianapolis Absolutely Loves These 10 Foods And Drinks
- A tenderloin sandwich. Tripofa L./TripAdvisor.
- Milkshakes or ice cream from Traders Point Creamery. Traders Point Creamery/Facebook.
- Fried pickles. Will Folsom/Flickr.
- Country fried steak.
- Craft beer.
- Sugar cream pie.
- Square donuts.
- Pulled pork.
What is Indianapolis famous for?
The city is home to three Fortune 500 companies, two major league sports clubs, four university campuses, and several museums, including the world’s largest children’s museum. However, the city is perhaps best known for annually hosting the world’s largest single-day sporting event, the Indianapolis 500.
Is Indianapolis safe?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM
Overall, Indianapolis is a relatively safe city to visit though certain areas are prone to high levels of crime. Use caution throughout the city to minimize your risks.
What is there to do in Indianapolis in December?
Best Things to Do in December in Indianapolis
- Circle Of Lights. Photo courtesy of Indianapolis CVB.
- Jolly Days.
- Christmas at the Zoo.
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
- Conner Prairie by Candlelight.
- Indianapolis Auto Show.
- Christmas Gift and Hobby Show.
- Festival of Trees at Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center.
How much does it cost to get into the Indianapolis Zoo?
What’s the Indy Zoo charging? The standard admission for high-demand days is $28.20 for adults and $21.20 for children. If you want to go during the week, that fee drops to $15.70 and $11.95, the same as a high-end movie. Moreover, it probably will take you four hours to do everything at the zoo.
How much is a family pass to the Indianapolis Zoo?
|Individual Plus 4 BEST VALUE! FREE admission for one named adult and FOUR *guests.||$230.00 Join|
|*Cardholder must accompany guests.|
|Family Basic FREE admission for two adults sharing the same household plus all dependent children age 21 and under.||$190.00 Join|
How long is the Canal Walk in Indianapolis?
The Canal Walk is a 3-mile loop is a popular urban respite for fitness enthusiasts and serenity-seekers alike. This Downtown waterfront is dotted with pedal boats and gondolas, bicycles and surreys.