What is there to do in San Francisco at Christmas?
Christmas in San Francisco: Things to Do to Celebrate the Holidays
- Union Square Festivities.
- Ice Skating.
- Fairmont Gingerbread House.
- Westin St.
- A Christmas Carol at American Conservatory Theater.
- Joy at the San Francisco Zoo.
- San Francisco Ballet Nutcracker.
- The Ferry Building Becomes the Merry Building!
Is Fisherman’s Wharf open on Christmas Day?
Thanksgiving Day – 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Christmas Eve – 11:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Christmas Day – 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. New Year’s Eve – 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. New Year’s Day – 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Where can I eat on Christmas Day in San Francisco?
Where to Eat in San Francisco on Christmas Day
- Bartlett Hall (242 O’Farrell St.)
- Biscuits and Blues (401 Mason St.)
- Crab House at PIER 39 (PIER 39, Second Level, West Side)
- Cioppino’s (400 Jefferson St.)
- Fogo de Chao (201 Third St.)
- The Franciscan Crab Restaurant (Pier 43 1/2)
- Hard Rock Cafe (PIER 39, Suite 256)
- Hornblower Cruises & Events (Pier 3, Embarcadero)
What is there to do on Christmas Day in the Bay Area?
Things to Do in San Francisco on Christmas Day
- Go ice skating in San Francisco.
- Wander around the San Francisco Zoo.
- Stroll through the Gardens.
- Visit hotel lobby Christmas displays.
- Take a self-guided Christmas lights tour.
- Take a tall Christmas tree tour.
- Take a Bay Cruise.
- Go to Grace Cathedral.
Is San Francisco cold in December?
December is one of the coldest months of the year in San Francisco. The temperature almost never gets below freezing, and the last time it snowed in San Francisco was over 40 years ago.
Is December a good time to visit San Francisco?
If you don’t mind the chilly winds, you’ll find that winter is a great time to save on a San Francisco vacation. During the cooler months, hotels slash their rates, providing some pretty good deals to their clientele (but you should still book a few weeks in advance for the best rooms and prices).
Is Chinatown in San Francisco open on Christmas Day?
Luckily for all of us, San Francisco’s Chinatown is very much open on Christmas Day, and we’ve compiled a list of our favorite spots for you to enjoy.
Is Ghirardelli open on Christmas?
A few also close early on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve & Day 2019 Schedules.
|Christmas Eve Day 2019||Christmas Day 2019|
|Ghirardelli Square||Most shops open from 10am to 7pm with restaurants, bars, and Ghirardelli Chocolate shops staying open later||Closed|
|Golden Gate Bridge||5am to 6:30pm|
What do you eat on Christmas Day?
Traditional Christmas dinner features turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, and vegetables. Other types of poultry, roast beef, or ham are also used. For dessert, pumpkin or apple pie, raisin pudding, Christmas pudding, or fruitcake are staples.
Does Whole Foods do Christmas dinners?
From Thanksgiving to Passover, Christmas to Easter, we have you covered with appetizers, entrées, sides, desserts and more for your holiday meal.
Is Bart free on Christmas Day?
BART now closes at 9pm. Saturday and Sunday open 8am-9pm. View daily BART updates related to coronavirus.
|Christmas Day||Friday, December 24 (Observed)||Sunday Service|
What is open on Christmas Day in Bay Area?
Places in the Bay Area Open on Christmas Day
- The San Francisco Botanical Garden.
- The San Francisco Zoo.
- The Academy of Sciences.
- The Japanese Tea Garden.
- Jewish Contemporary Museum.
- Christmas in the Park (San Jose)
Where should I go for Christmas in California?
Best Places for Christmas in Southern California
- Griffith Park Holiday Train Ride.
- Santa Visits the Palm Springs Air Museum.
- Palm Springs Christmas Parade.
- San Diego’s Liberty Station Ice Rink and Tree.
- Southern California Christmas Piers.
- Santa’s Village.
- OC Winter Fest.
Is Christmas in the Park free?
Admission is absolutely free! It costs nothing to visit Christmas in the Park with your friends and families. Our mission is to bring you “A Gift of Joy and Magic”. Christmas in the Park officially opens for the 2020 season on November 27 starting with the Community Giving Tree Lighting Ceremony.