Is Indianapolis worth visiting?
Indy is a small city, bursting with attractions
You may have to drive a bit to get to some key sights (such as the state fairgrounds, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway), but they’re well worth the trip.
What can you do for free in Indianapolis?
12 Best Fun Free Things to Do in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Artsgarden.
- Indianapolis Art Center.
- Free Summer Concerts.
- Indianapolis City Market.
- Walk, Bike or Run the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- War Memorials.
- Workout Wednesdays.
What is there to do in Indianapolis Indiana today?
Here are the top 30 best and fun things to do in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Monument Circle. Sean Pavone / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Intiaz Rahim / flickr.
- White River State Park. Cory Cox / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Zoo.
- Lilly House and Gardens.
- Bad Axe Throwing.
- Duckpin Bowling.
- Tappers Arcade Bar.
What are the bad areas of Indianapolis?
Here Are The 7 Most Dangerous Places In Indianapolis After Dark
- Haughville. the.urbanophile/Flickr.
- West 29th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tuxedo Park. Tuxedo Park Baptist Church/Facebook.
- Mass Ave. and East 34th Street.
- West 30th to Fall Creek Boulevard. El/Flickr.
- East 34 St. and Sutherland Ave.
- East 42nd and Post Road.
What is Indianapolis famous for?
The city is home to three Fortune 500 companies, two major league sports clubs, four university campuses, and several museums, including the world’s largest children’s museum. However, the city is perhaps best known for annually hosting the world’s largest single-day sporting event, the Indianapolis 500.
Is downtown Indianapolis safe at night?
Indy is safe overall, but there are still some areas and situations you should avoid while there, like any big city. There have been some robberies in downtown Indy, so be careful when using an ATM or walking around at night.
What day is the Indianapolis Zoo free?
Day (January 17, 2021) – Members and public will be required to reserve a ticket (free of charge) online ahead of time to maintain a limited capacity. Free admission on First Thursday of the month March – September.
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no-cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
What can couples do in Indianapolis?
- Museums. Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. 3,886.
- Museums. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. 2,793.
- Museums. Indianapolis Museum of Art. 1,444.
- Fun & Games. Lucas Oil Stadium. 1,592.
- Sights & Landmarks. Central Canal. 1,127.
- Sights & Landmarks. Victory Field. 1,268.
- Zoos & Aquariums. Indianapolis Zoo.
- Sights & Landmarks. Monument Circle.
What food is Indianapolis famous for?
Everyone In Indianapolis Absolutely Loves These 10 Foods And Drinks
- A tenderloin sandwich. Tripofa L./TripAdvisor.
- Milkshakes or ice cream from Traders Point Creamery. Traders Point Creamery/Facebook.
- Fried pickles. Will Folsom/Flickr.
- Country fried steak.
- Craft beer.
- Sugar cream pie.
- Square donuts.
- Pulled pork.
Does it snow in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis averages 22 inches of snow per year.
What’s the most dangerous city in Indiana?
Where Are The Most Dangerous Cities In Indiana?
|Rank||City||Violent Crimes Per Capita|
What is the most dangerous place in Indiana?
What Are The Most Dangerous Cities In Indiana?
- Indianapolis. Violent Crime: 1,273.
- Evansville. Violent Crime: 4,463.
- Elkhart. Violent Crime: 1,185.
- Gary. Violent Crime: 494.
- Shelbyville. Violent Crime: 1,127.
- Marion. Violent Crime: 455.
- Anderson. Violent Crime: 413.
- Lafayette. Violent Crime: 3,598. Property Crime: 464.
What is the safest part of Indianapolis?
Safest Indianapolis neighborhoods
- S Franklin Rd / E Edgewood Ave.
- S Emerson Ave / Shelbyville Rd.
- E 96th St / Fall Creek Rd.
- Sargent Rd / E 96th St.
- Acton / Charle Sumac Estates.
- E 54th St / N Meridian St.