Where can I buy dry ice in the Bay Area?
Best dry ice in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Ben’s Dry Ice. 12.1 mi. 16 reviews. Ice Delivery.
- Dry Ice Pack and Ship. 11.8 mi. 2 reviews. Ice Delivery.
- San Francisco Ice. 11.3 mi. 46 reviews.
- Airgas Dry Ice. 20.9 mi. 4 reviews.
- Reliant Pacific Dry Ice. 21.0 mi. 1 review.
- Meadowlark Dairy. 20.5 mi. 1828 reviews.
- San Jose Ice Company. 38.4 mi. 8 reviews.
- Peninsula Ice. 17.0 mi. 16 reviews.
Where can you buy dry ice in California?
Safeway. If you live in the western half of the country, Safeway and its associated brands are a solid choice when it comes to purchasing dry ice. They have 240 locations in California so there is a great chance that you can reach one with a 30-minute car ride if you live in The Golden State.
Where can I buy dry ice in South San Francisco?
Best where to buy dry ice in South San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco Ice Company. 5.9 mi. 46 reviews. Ice Delivery. 45 Williams Ave, San Francisco, CA 94124.
- Airgas Dry Ice. 12.1 mi. 4 reviews. Ice Delivery.
- Peninsula Ice. 6.2 mi. 16 reviews. Ice Delivery.
- Safeway. 25.6 mi. 103 reviews. $$ Grocery.
- Meadowlark Dairy. 25.8 mi. 1820 reviews. $ Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt.
How long does dry ice last?
The following table for how long dry ice lasts is based on an average five-pound brick of dry ice that remains whole (not broken into pieces): In a cooler – 18-24 hours. Outdoors – 3-5 hours. In liquid – 15-45 minutes.
Where I can buy dry ice near me?
Dry Ice is available at most grocery stores: Safeway, Kroger/King Soopers, Walmart, Costco. Call ahead to ensure your store carries it (and if they don’t ask if they know who does; you won’t be the first person asking).
What do you know about dry ice?
Dry ice is much colder than regular ice, and can burn the skin similar to frostbite. Keep dry ice out of the reach of children. Never eat or swallow dry ice. Avoid inhaling carbon dioxide gas.
How much does dry ice cost at WalMart?
The average price of dry ice is between $1.00 – $3.00 per pound. Most retailers, such as WalMart, will most likely try to sell you a pre-made smaller block of dry ice. These smaller retail amounts got for a bit over a buck a pound – usually between $1.30 and $1.10.
Can I order dry ice online?
We ship dry ice to any location in the United States. Click ORDER NOW below to select the amount you need and check shipping options. Click ORDER NOW to enter the amount you need and check shipping options.
Where can you buy dry ice for shipping?
You can buy packages of dry ice at most butcher shops and grocery stores. Some UPS stores or FedEx stores may sell dry ice. Get the right quality material for packing.
How long will 5 lbs of dry ice last?
How long does dry ice last?
|Pounds of Dry Ice||Approximate Cooling Time|
|5 to 7 pounds||18 to 24 Hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||24 to 40 Hours|
|13 to 20 pounds||40 to 60 Hours|
Will dry ice explode in a cooler?
Dry ice can‘t be stored in an airtight container because the CO2 gas needs room to expand and it could cause your cooler to explode if you don’t remove the plug.
Can I put dry ice in a cooler?
Dry ice can be used with most coolers as long as there’s a way to ventilate them. To ventilate the evaporating gas, the cooler should either have a lid that doesn’t seal completely shut or a drainage cap (usually located near the bottom of the cooler).