Is Indianapolis worth visiting?
Indy is a small city, bursting with attractions
You may have to drive a bit to get to some key sights (such as the state fairgrounds, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway), but they’re well worth the trip.
What is there to do in Indianapolis Indiana today?
Here are the top 30 best and fun things to do in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Monument Circle. Sean Pavone / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Intiaz Rahim / flickr.
- White River State Park. Cory Cox / Shutterstock.
- Indianapolis Zoo.
- Lilly House and Gardens.
- Bad Axe Throwing.
- Duckpin Bowling.
- Tappers Arcade Bar.
What can couples do in Indianapolis?
Five Perfect Date Nights
- Action Duckpin Bowl & Atomic Bowl Duckpin.
- Bakersfield Tacos, Tequila & Whiskey.
- Bazbeaux Pizza.
- The District Theatre.
- Fountain Square Theatre Building.
- Gallery Pastry Shop.
- JW Marriott Indianapolis.
- Mesh on Mass.
Is it safe to walk in downtown Indianapolis?
Downtown is pretty safe IMO. You will have no issues walking all around downtown Indy. It is safe. The best areas for Pokémon Go tend to cluster along the four “diagonal” streets that sprout off from downtown.
What is Indianapolis famous for?
The city is home to three Fortune 500 companies, two major league sports clubs, four university campuses, and several museums, including the world’s largest children’s museum. However, the city is perhaps best known for annually hosting the world’s largest single-day sporting event, the Indianapolis 500.
Is Indianapolis dangerous?
INDIANAPOLIS—Indianapolis is one of the most dangerous big cities in America, said a new study from SafeWise. The study, which the company conducts each year, placed Indy at number nine on a list of the top ten most dangerous cities.
What food is Indianapolis famous for?
Everyone In Indianapolis Absolutely Loves These 10 Foods And Drinks
- A tenderloin sandwich. Tripofa L./TripAdvisor.
- Milkshakes or ice cream from Traders Point Creamery. Traders Point Creamery/Facebook.
- Fried pickles. Will Folsom/Flickr.
- Country fried steak.
- Craft beer.
- Sugar cream pie.
- Square donuts.
- Pulled pork.
What is there to do in Indianapolis for free today?
12 Best Fun Free Things to Do in Indianapolis
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Indianapolis Artsgarden.
- Indianapolis Art Center.
- Free Summer Concerts.
- Indianapolis City Market.
- Walk, Bike or Run the Indianapolis Cultural Trail.
- War Memorials.
- Workout Wednesdays.
Does it snow in Indianapolis?
Indianapolis averages 22 inches of snow per year.
Where should I take my girlfriend on a date?
Second date ideas
- Do some pub trivia.
- Hit up an arcade or video game bar.
- Head to the zoo.
- Take a mini road trip to someplace not too far away.
- Go to an escape room.
- Go ice skating.
- Hit up a local artist art gallery.
- Find a nearby quirky museum.
Where can I go on a date in Indianapolis?
15 date ideas in and around Indy for summertime fun
- Gondola Rides: Old World Gondoliers. 340 W.
- Tibbs Drive-In. 480 S.
- Top Golf. 9200 E.
- Holcomb Observatory and Planetarium. 4600 Sunset Ave., Indianapolis.
- Koteewi Archery Range.
- Fort Harrison State Park.
- Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra.
- Conner Prairie.
What do you do on a fancy date?
7 Fancy Date Ideas For Big Relationship Milestones, So You Can Celebrate Properly
- Have A Progressive Dinner. Giphy.
- Book A Day Spa. Giphy.
- Go For A Wine Tasting. Giphy.
- Go On A Weekend Getaway= Giphy.
- Go All Out At The Fanciest Restaurant In Town. Giphy.
- Go To An Art Gallery Event. Giphy.
- Go Ballroom Dancing. Giphy.
What are the bad areas of Indianapolis?
Here Are The 7 Most Dangerous Places In Indianapolis After Dark
- Haughville. the.urbanophile/Flickr.
- West 29th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tuxedo Park. Tuxedo Park Baptist Church/Facebook.
- Mass Ave. and East 34th Street.
- West 30th to Fall Creek Boulevard. El/Flickr.
- East 34 St. and Sutherland Ave.
- East 42nd and Post Road.
What is the most dangerous part of Indianapolis?
The Worst Neighborhoods In Indianapolis For 2021
- Far Eastside.
- Near North.
- West Indianapolis.
- United Northeast.
What is the safest part of Indianapolis?
Safest Indianapolis neighborhoods
- S Franklin Rd / E Edgewood Ave.
- S Emerson Ave / Shelbyville Rd.
- E 96th St / Fall Creek Rd.
- Sargent Rd / E 96th St.
- Acton / Charle Sumac Estates.
- E 54th St / N Meridian St.