Is it safe to walk in downtown Indianapolis?
Downtown is pretty safe IMO. You will have no issues walking all around downtown Indy. It is safe. The best areas for Pokémon Go tend to cluster along the four “diagonal” streets that sprout off from downtown.
Where should I stay in Indianapolis for nightlife?
Fletcher Place is the best area in Indianapolis to stay in for nightlife. However, if you’re looking for nightclubs you will find plenty of options in the south end of Mile Square, too! Fountain Square is the trendiest neighborhood. Stay here if you want to hang with locals and soak up some pure Indy culture.
What’s special about Indianapolis?
Check out our list below of what we think makes Indianapolis great and start planning your visit.
- The Famous St. Elmo’s Steakhouse and all other food.
- Skywalk System.
- City Pride.
- The Canal Walk.
- The Indianapolis Colts.
- Indy 500 Race and Festival.
- Amazing State Parks.
- Carmel’s Arts and Design District/Antique Alley.
Does Ironworks hotel have a pool?
Ironworks Hotel Indy does not have a pool. Does Ironworks Hotel Indy have a spa?
Where are the bad areas of Indianapolis?
Here Are The 7 Most Dangerous Places In Indianapolis After Dark
- Haughville. the.urbanophile/Flickr.
- West 29th and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Tuxedo Park. Tuxedo Park Baptist Church/Facebook.
- Mass Ave. and East 34th Street.
- West 30th to Fall Creek Boulevard. El/Flickr.
- East 34 St. and Sutherland Ave.
- East 42nd and Post Road.
Is Indianapolis worth visiting?
Indy is a small city, bursting with attractions
You may have to drive a bit to get to some key sights (such as the state fairgrounds, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway), but they’re well worth the trip.
What is there to do in Indianapolis nightlife?
Top Ten Places for a Night Out on the Town
- Crackers Comedy Club – Downtown.
- The Eagle Food & Beer Hall.
- Fountain Square Theatre Building.
- Howl at the Moon.
- The Jazz Kitchen.
- The Libertine Liquor Bar (temp. closed)
- Nicky Blaine’s Cocktail Lounge.
- Punch Bowl Social (temp. closed)
What is Broad Ripple?
Broad Ripple Village is one of seven areas designated as cultural districts in Indianapolis, Indiana. Broad Ripple’s position as a cornerstone of Indianapolis’s youth culture and nightlife is a result of its thriving bar scene and the nearby presence of Butler University.
Is Indianapolis a fun city?
Indy Nightlife – Sports Bars, Live Music, and Lounges
Indianapolis is a sports-crazed city. But whether you’re looking just to watch a game or dance the night away or there is a ton to do downtown according to USA Today 10 Best.
Where should I move in Indiana?
Here’s a glance at our top five best Indiana cities to live in.
- Bloomington. Topping our ranking is Bloomington, a city of around 85,000 and the county seat of Monroe County.
- Carmel. The #2 slot goes to Carmel, a fast-growing city of over 92,000 in Hamilton County.
Why is Indianapolis called Naptown?
Back in the 60s and 70s downtown Indianapolis was a sleepy town that would roll up the sidewalks after 5:00 or 6:00 and nothing was happening. So this the downtown had this sleepy reputation and you heard the word nap when you say IndiaNAPolis hence the name Naptown.