What food is Boston known for?
Boston’s 6 must-have foods and where to get them
- Boston Cream Pie. Source: Getty Images. Head on over to Mike’s Pastry to eat a sweet slice of Boston cream pie.
- Samuel Adams. Source: Flickr.
- Clam Chowder. Source: Getty Images.
- Fenway Franks. Source: Flickr.
- Boston Baked Beans. Source: Flickr.
- Lobster. Source: Flickr.
Where should I eat in Boston?
Best restaurants in Boston
- Uni. Restaurants Japanese Back Bay.
- 2. o ya. Restaurants Japanese Leather District.
- Oleana. Restaurants Mediterranean Inman Sq.
- No. 9 Park.
- Craigie on Main. Restaurants Contemporary American Central Sq.
- Toro. Restaurants Spanish South End.
- Coppa. Restaurants Italian South End.
- Tasting Counter.
What is Boston is famous for?
Boston is best known for its famous baked beans, Fenway Park, The Boston Marathon, and of course for the bar from Cheers, but dig a little deeper below the surface and you’ll find a surprising wealth of things that make Boston one of the best cities in America—and the world.
Where do Boston locals eat?
Where to Eat and Drink in Boston: A Local’s Guide
- Row 34.
- Blossom Bar.
- Union Oyster House.
- Craigie Burger.
What dessert is Boston known for?
You would be hard pressed to find a self-described New Englander who doesn’t love a good old-fashioned piece of Boston cream pie. The pie is so iconic in Massachusetts that it was named the official state dessert.
Is lobster cheaper in Boston?
In Maine, big lobsters are more expensive. In Massachusetts, they’re cheaper.
What celebs live in Boston?
There aren’t that many in Boston proper – mostly the rich and famous live a bit further out, where there’s more room and more privacy:
- Harrison Ford (Westport MA)
- Barney Frank (Newton, MA)
- Tom Brady / Giselle Bundchen (Brookline, MA)
- Mike Dukakis (Brookline, MA)
- Bob Kraft (Chestnut Hill, MA)
- The Wahlbergs (Braintree MA)
What do locals do in Boston?
The Top 10 Things to Do in Boston: My Personal Favorites
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is one of the most unique museums I’ve visited anywhere in the world.
- SoWa Open Market.
- Boston Public Market.
- Castle Island.
- Lawn on D.
- Arnold Arboretum.
- Harpoon Brewery.
- Community Boating.
How long does it take to walk the Freedom Trail?
The start of the Freedom Trail is Boston Common. The length of the trail is 2.5 miles (4.0 km) and takes about 90 minutes to complete, but if you want to visit the sites along the way, it can be a whole day affair. The end of the trail is at the USS Constitution Museum.
Why is Boston so expensive?
The Boston region has some of the highest rents of any major metro area in America. There are multiple reasons for this. High barriers to entry in the sales market. The region’s sales market is also one of the most expensive in the nation.
Is Boston a safe city?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Boston is 1 in 38. Based on FBI crime data, Boston is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Boston has a crime rate that is higher than 97% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Can you see whales in Boston?
Just east of Boston—between Cape Ann and Cape Cod—is Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary, one of the best spots on the planet for whale watching. Each summer, around 50 humpbacks return to this hotbed of biological activity.
How is life in Boston?
Living in Boston is infamously expensive. Overall, the cost of living in Boston is 47% greater than the national average. Boston is more expensive than Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami and Dallas. However, job opportunities are healthy and a strategic move can make for a great experience living in Boston.
How far is NYC to Boston?
It’s 216 miles (346 km) between New York City (Manhattan) and Boston MA (map), taking between 4.5 and 5 hours driving time under normal conditions. If traffic is heavy, it may take 5.5 hours or more. Follow I-95 to I-84 to I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike; map).