What should you not miss in Boston?
If you‘re planning a trip to Boston this year, here are eleven things you absolutely shouldn’t miss!
- Skywalk Observatory.
- BEACON HILL.
- WALK THE FREEDOM TRAIL.
- BOSTON COMMON.
- SAVOR A LOCAL NEW ENGLAND BEER.
- BLACK HERITAGE TRAIL.
- Fenway Park.
- Boston Cream Pie.
How do I spend a day in Boston?
- Stop 2. The Paul Revere House. Old North Church. Copp’s Hill Burying Ground.
- Stop 3. USS Constitution Museum. Bunker Hill Monument.
- Stop 5. Old State House. Boston Massacre Site.
- Stop 8. Copley Square. Boston Public Library.
- Stop 14. Beacon Hill. Boston Common.
- Stop 15. Massachusetts State House. Park Street Church.
What should I see in Boston?
- #1. Faneuil Hall Marketplace. Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- #2. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
- #3. Boston Common. Boston Common.
- #4. Boston Food Tours. Boston Food Tours.
- #5. John F. Kennedy Presidential Museum & Library.
- #6. Museum of Fine Arts.
- #7. Freedom Trail.
- #8. Boston Public Garden.
How can I spend 3 days in Boston?
This 3 day itinerary includes:
- Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Trolley.
- Fenway Park Tour.
- Skywalk Observatory.
- Freedom Trail Walking Tour.
- Old State House.
- Institute of Contemporary Art OR USS Constitution Cruise.
- Boston Children’s Museum OR Boston Whale Watch Cruise.
- New England Aquarium.
What is Boston is famous for?
Boston is best known for its famous baked beans, Fenway Park, The Boston Marathon, and of course for the bar from Cheers, but dig a little deeper below the surface and you’ll find a surprising wealth of things that make Boston one of the best cities in America—and the world.
How many days do you need in Boston?
So, how long do you need to experience the best of Boston on your visit? It all depends on what you want to see and do! We recommend staying at least three days and three nights at HI Boston hostel to get the most out of your visit, but if you’ve got a little more time, there’s always more to explore.
What is the biggest mall in Boston?
The Natick Mall is the largest mall around. Home to two hundred retail stores, the Natick Mall is anchored by lavish retailers like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom as well as affordable stores such as JC Penney and Sears.
What is the main shopping street in Boston?
When it comes to shopping in Boston, Back Bay’s Newbury Street is the trendiest destination. Rain or shine, its sidewalks are filled with throngs of shoppers from all over the world. Though this stretch may be the most popular, Boston has plenty of other great places to shop.
What is the best way to travel from Boston to New York?
Amtrak’s Acela Express train is by far the most efficient and comfortable way to get to New York from Boston. Leaving from South Station downtown or Boston Back Bay Station, it will take around four hours to get to Penn Station.
How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Boston?
How far is it from Boston to Martha’s Vineyard Island? The distance between Boston and Martha’s Vineyard Island is 69 miles.
Where should I stay in Boston for the first time?
What is the best neighborhood in Boston for first–time visitors? Back Bay/Copley or Downtown are the best and most convenient neighborhoods for first–time visitors to stay in.
What kind of food is Boston famous for?
Any trip to Massachusetts for Boston food should include at least one of these signature dishes.
- Clam Chowder. Settlers introduced clam chowder to New England in the early 18th century | © Aaron Bastin / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Lobster Rolls.
- Baked Beans.
- Fish and Chips.
- Boston Cream Pie.
- Fenway Frank.
Where should you not stay in Boston?
Boston is a very safe city for the most part, but like any other city, there are some neighborhoods worth avoiding. I recommend new visitors to Boston avoid Mattapan, Roxbury, Hyde Park, and some parts of Dorchester like Savin Hill as well as most of East Somerville and the northwest part of Charlestown.
What is the best time to go to Boston?
The best time to visit Boston is from June to October. Mild fall weather makes touring around on foot a joy. And even though summer brings in swarms of tourists and expensive hotel rates, the sidewalk cafes, baseball games and outdoor concerts make it worth a trip.
Is Boston safe for tourists?
Boston is generally safe for tourists, though some neighborhoods are best avoided. A crime that does occur is mainly between members of street gangs or individuals who know each other, and in areas that are of no interest to visitors. Avoid sketchy neighborhoods and take normal precaution measures.