What is the best area to stay in Tokyo for tourists?
Tokyo is huge, so it’s important to stay somewhere convenient. The best places to stay are Shinjuku, the Tokyo Station Area, Ginza/Hibiya, Shibuya or Roppongi. Other decent places to stay include Nihombashi, Shinagawa, Hamamatsucho and Shiodome. Try to stay near a Yamanote Line (Tokyo loop line) station.
How can I stay in Japan for cheap?
10 Cheap Accommodation Options in Japan
- Internet Cafes / Comic Book Cafes / Manga Kissaten. Price: Around 800 yen to 1,500 yen per night (5 to 8 hours)
- Hostels. Price: From free to about 6,000 yen per night.
- WWOOF Japan (and Other Volunteer Accommodations) Price: 5,500 yen for a one year membership.
- Overnight Buses.
- Capsule Hotels.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Tokyo?
While there are hotels everywhere in the city, you should definitely try to stay in one of the city’s main urban hubs on the JR Yamanote loop line. The best places to stay are: Shinjuku, the Tokyo Station Area, Ginza, Marunouchi or Roppongi.
How can I stay in Tokyo for free?
These free places to stay in Japan should help you keep your budget while traveling.
Free Places to Stay in Japan
- Hostels. Photo by tinisanto.
- WWOOF Japan. Photo by strikeael.
- Love Hotels.
- Japan McDonald’s.
Is Shinjuku dangerous?
Yes it is safe (the same as most of Japan). There are really no really “no go areas”, even red light areas of Kabukicho in Shinjuku have tons of tourist visiting nowadays, crime towards visitors are low, the only real way you get into trouble is if you are looking for trouble yourself.
Is Tokyo a walkable city?
If you haven’t been to Tokyo then you might just be scratching your head at my description. The reality is that for a long time I’ve been burned out when it comes to cities, and far preferred nature destinations. The city is incredibly walkable, and every area of the city has its own charm.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Japan?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Japan is April. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest Japan flight deals.
Why are hotels so cheap in Japan?
In Japan, it is very common that locals (especially businessmen) spend the night at a hotel rather than going home if they have been working late or been out with the guys from work. The big cities in Japan have therefore a lot of small business hotels with reasonable prices.
How much money do I need for 10 days in Japan?
How much money will you need for your trip to Japan? You should plan to spend around ¥14,910 ($138) per day on your vacation in Japan, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
How many days in Tokyo is enough?
Four days in Tokyo gives you enough time to see the city and make one day trip out of the city. My four-day Tokyo itinerary is the best way to make use of four days in this incredible city.
Is it safe to walk around Tokyo at night?
As mentioned above, Tokyo is generally a safe city to walk around – even late at night – and most visitors experience minimal (if any) hassle by locals. You should nevertheless maintain a certain degree of street sense and awareness around you, particularly if you are a female walking alone later in the evening.
What should I avoid in Japan?
12 things you should never do in Japan
- Don’t break the rules of chopstick etiquette.
- Don’t wear shoes indoors.
- Don’t ignore the queuing system.
- Avoid eating on the go.
- Don’t get into a bathtub before showering first.
- Don’t blow your nose in public.
- Don’t leave a tip.
- Avoid loud phone conversations while on public transit.
What is there to do in Tokyo on a budget?
13 Free Things to Do in Tokyo for the Budget Traveller
- Visit Hachiko’s statue and see him reunite with Professor Ueno.
- Join the crowd in Shibuya Crossing.
- Meet the Humans of Yoyogi Park.
- Bring out your lenses in Harajuku.
- Enjoy the view from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building in Shinjuku.
- Take a picture with the Statue of Liberty replica in Odaiba.
How much does it cost to take a trip to Tokyo?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Japan is $1,659 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $1,913 for a family of 4. Japan hotels range from $62 to $304 per night with an average of $105, while most vacation rentals will cost $140 to $520 per night for the entire home.
How can I volunteer in Japan?
- Second Harvest Japan. Established in 2002, Second Harvest Japan (2HJ) is the country’s first nationwide food bank.
- HandsOn Tokyo.
- Mirai No Mori.
- Tokyo English Lifeline (TELL)
- Place To Grow.
- Run For The Cure.
- Japan International Volunteer Center (JVC)