What are the best places to visit in Mexico City?
15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Mexico City
- Zócalo: The Birthplace of the Constitution. Zócalo: The Birthplace of the Constitution.
- The National Museum of Anthropology.
- Templo Mayor and the Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlán.
- The Palace of Fine Arts.
- Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral.
- The National Palace.
- Chapultepec Park.
- Paseo de la Reforma and the Angel of Independence.
Is it safe to visit Mexico City 2019?
Having said that, in the spots you—a tourist—will likely be visiting, that answer skews more to the “yes, Mexico City is safe” side of things. Sure, keep a low profile and watch out for pickpockets. But don’t let unwarranted, all-consuming fear deter you from visiting one of the coolest cities in the world.
What is the best area to stay in Mexico City?
First of all, which area should you choose?
- Best neighborhood to stay in Mexico City for first-timers: Roma.
- Best for luxury: Polanco.
- Best for budget travelers: Centro Historico.
- Best for foodies: Roma & La Condesa.
- Best for a traditional atmosphere: Coyoacán.
- If you are staying for one night only: Roma.
What is the most beautiful city in Mexico?
Guanajuato has been called the most beautiful city in Mexico and it’s definitely the most attractive city we’ve visited with its colourful buildings, tree-lined streets, lovely plazas, and easy escape to the mountains.
Where should you avoid in Mexico City?
The Neighborhoods to Avoid in Order to Stay Safe in Mexico City
- Tepito. Tepito, essentially the black market of Mexico City, is one of those places that has a dicey reputation for a reason.
- La Merced Market.
- Colonia Del Valle.
- Tlalpan, Xochimilco and Tlatelolco.
- Centro Histórico.
- Ciudad Neza.
What is there to do in Mexico City 2020?
Best Things To Do in Mexico City
- #1. Museo Nacional de Antropología. Museo Nacional de Antropología.
- #2. Basílica de Santa María de Guadalupe. Basílica de Santa María de Guadalupe.
- #3. Palacio de Bellas Artes. Palacio de Bellas Artes.
- #4. Templo Mayor.
- #5. Teotihuacán.
- #6. Zócalo (Plaza de la Constitucion)
- #7. Bosque de Chapultepec.
- #8. Catedral Metropolitana.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Mexico City?
Mexico City fashion basics
Overall, people dress more formally than in the US. Mexico City is a big cosmopolitan hub, and locals tell us there aren’t inflexible fashion rules (except for the shorts thing). Local tip: Wearing shorts or workout clothing like yoga pants in public will make you look like a tourist.
Is it safe to walk around Mexico City at night?
While it’s safe to stroll around neighborhoods like Juarez, Roma, Coyoacan, Condesa, and Polanco at night, walking around Doctores and parts of the Centro south and west of Bellas Artes is a little riskier. Check with your hotel or vacation rental host for on-the-ground intel on what parts of town to avoid.
Is Mexico City cheap?
And while Mexico City is full of budget-friendly gems like street food, innumerable green spaces and parks, solid public transit (and inexpensive Ubers and cabs), and lots of affordable museums, galleries, and educational centers, the city is anything but cheap. Churros at popular CDMX chain, El Moro.
Is it safe to Uber in Mexico City?
Uber is safe in Mexico for the same reason it is safe in the U.S. My Mexican friends have their teenage daughters use Uber before they’ll let them take a cab. In Mexico City, they are considered much more safe than taxis.
What is the safest area to stay in Mexico City?
The safest neighborhoods to stay in Mexico City are the Centro, Roma, and Condesa districts. On the other hand, avoid the more dangerous areas of Tepito, La Lagunilla, Doctores, and Mercado Merced.
What is the best time to go to Mexico City?
The best time to visit Mexico City is between March and May, even though the streets are pretty crowded this time of year. Your trade-off is beautiful weather, especially considering the city’s winters can be chilly and the summers can be rainy.
What is the cleanest city in Mexico?
Real-time Mexico Cleanest city ranking
|2||Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon||1|
|3||Vinas del Sol, Baja California||2|
|4||Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua||3|
Where should I travel in Mexico?
Check out this list of the best places to visit in Mexico in 2021 and start planning your trip to the land of tequila and tacos!
- Mexico City.
- Puerto Vallarta – Definitely One of The Best Places to Visit in Mexico!
How far is Cancun from Mexico City?
Distance from Cancun to Mexico City is approximately 1280 kilometers.