What can I do in Boston this weekend?
Things to do in Boston this weekend
- All Aboard! Trains at the Museum of Science.
- Boston Pops: 2020 Holiday Celebration. Music Music venues Fenway/Kenmore.
- Special exhibits at the Museum of Fine Arts.
- SoWa Vintage Market.
- Go on a challenging hike near Boston.
- ZooLights at Stone Zoo.
- Check out the best holiday light displays.
- Hit the slopes near Boston.
What is free to do in Boston this weekend?
Free Things to See and Do in Boston
- Walk the Freedom Trail.
- Eat in Faneuil Hall.
- Lay Out in the Common.
- Catch a Concert at the Hatch Shell.
- Head to Castle Island.
- Take a Tour of Harvard.
- Free Beer Tours.
- Explore the Arnold Arboretum in Jamaica Plain.
What is there to do in Boston right now?
50 best things to do in Boston
- Wander around the Boston Common and Public Garden.
- Stroll the Greenway.
- Try one or all of the city’s freshest lobster rolls.
- Explore the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
- Take a hike.
- Retrace historic steps along the Freedom Trail.
What should you not miss in Boston?
If you‘re planning a trip to Boston this year, here are eleven things you absolutely shouldn’t miss!
- Skywalk Observatory.
- BEACON HILL.
- WALK THE FREEDOM TRAIL.
- BOSTON COMMON.
- SAVOR A LOCAL NEW ENGLAND BEER.
- BLACK HERITAGE TRAIL.
- Fenway Park.
- Boston Cream Pie.
What kind of food is Boston famous for?
Any trip to Massachusetts for Boston food should include at least one of these signature dishes.
- Clam Chowder. Settlers introduced clam chowder to New England in the early 18th century | © Aaron Bastin / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Lobster Rolls.
- Baked Beans.
- Fish and Chips.
- Boston Cream Pie.
- Fenway Frank.
What is there to do in Boston on Sunday?
Best Sunday Fun Things To Do in Boston, MA
- Sowa Open Market. 0.5 mi. 46 reviews.
- Outside The Box Festival. 0.6 mi. 8 reviews.
- Boston Segway Tours. 1.2 mi. 89 reviews.
- Haunted Boston Ghost Tours. 0.5 mi. 171 reviews.
- Museum Of Fine Arts. 1.3 mi. 793 reviews.
- The North End. 1.4 mi. 107 reviews.
- Boston Duck Tours. 0.4 mi.
- Boston’s Politically Incorrect North End Food Tour. 1.5 mi.
What is there to do in Boston after 5pm?
The Best Things to Do in Boston at Night
- 1) Stroll through the Parks.
- 2) Sail on a Sunset Cruise.
- 3) Go to a Concert.
- 4) Sample Beers on a Brewery Tour.
- 5) Feel Moved at Performing Arts Theaters.
- 6) Laugh at Comedy Venues.
- 7) Learn about Boston’s Sordid History.
- 8) Visit Local Museums.
What is there to do in Boston for cheap?
Top 10 Things to Do in Boston on a Budget
- Walk The Freedom Trail.
- Visit The Bunker Hill Monument.
- Do Some Reading At The Boston Public Library.
- Check Out a Museum.
- Spend An Afternoon In The Boston Common.
- Visit Harvard Square When Exploring Boston on a Budget.
- Take In A Game At Fenway Park.
- Rent A Rowboat In Jamaica Pond.
How many days do you need in Boston?
So, how long do you need to experience the best of Boston on your visit? It all depends on what you want to see and do! We recommend staying at least three days and three nights at HI Boston hostel to get the most out of your visit, but if you’ve got a little more time, there’s always more to explore.
Why is Boston so expensive?
The Boston region has some of the highest rents of any major metro area in America. There are multiple reasons for this. High barriers to entry in the sales market. The region’s sales market is also one of the most expensive in the nation.
How far is Martha’s Vineyard from Boston?
How far is it from Boston to Martha’s Vineyard Island? The distance between Boston and Martha’s Vineyard Island is 69 miles.
What is Boston famous for?
Boston is best known for its famous baked beans, Fenway Park, The Boston Marathon, and of course for the bar from Cheers, but dig a little deeper below the surface and you’ll find a surprising wealth of things that make Boston one of the best cities in America—and the world.
What parts of Boston are dangerous?
The most dangerous areas in Boston is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Central. Population 33,579.
- Roxbury. Population 63,672.
- South End. Population 34,304.
- South Dorchester.
- North Dorchester.
- Back Bay-Beacon Hill.
- South Boston.
How do I spend a day in Boston?
- Stop 2. The Paul Revere House. Old North Church. Copp’s Hill Burying Ground.
- Stop 3. USS Constitution Museum. Bunker Hill Monument.
- Stop 5. Old State House. Boston Massacre Site.
- Stop 8. Copley Square. Boston Public Library.
- Stop 14. Beacon Hill. Boston Common.
- Stop 15. Massachusetts State House. Park Street Church.
Is Boston a safe city to visit?
Boston is a very safe city for the most part, but like any other city, there are some neighborhoods worth avoiding. I recommend new visitors to Boston avoid Mattapan, Roxbury, Hyde Park, and some parts of Dorchester like Savin Hill as well as most of East Somerville and the northwest part of Charlestown.