Is Brockton Ma safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Brockton is 1 in 36. Based on FBI crime data, Brockton is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Massachusetts, Brockton has a crime rate that is higher than 97% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Brockton a suburb of Boston?
Brockton is a suburb of Boston with a population of 95,594. Brockton is in Plymouth County.
What is Brockton MA known for?
It is the seventh largest city in Massachusetts and is sometimes referred to as the “City of Champions”, due to the success of native boxers Rocky Marciano and Marvin Hagler, as well as its successful Brockton High School sports programs.
How long does it take to get to Brockton from Boston?
Boston and Brockton are 30 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Boston, MA to Brockton, MA.
What is the poorest town in Massachusetts?
1. Springfield. Springfield, unfortunately, ranks as the poorest place in Massachusetts thanks to combination of low pay and and a lack of jobs. The city of 154,139 people averages the lowest median household income in Massachusetts and the 2nd highest poverty rate.
What is the most dangerous city in Massachusetts?
Here are the 25 Most Dangerous Cities per Capita in Massachusetts:
- #8 – Pittsfield.
- #7 – Wareham. Population: 22,592.
- #6 – Webster. Population: 16,295.
- #5 – Tisbury. Population: 4,116.
- #4 – Brockton. Population: 95,287.
- #3 – Holyoke. Population: 40,178.
- #2 – Fall River. Population: 89,066.
- #1 – Springfield. Population: 154,306.
Is Brockton a ghetto?
Such is the sad state of the Massachusetts ghetto when a 25% dropout rate is considered ‘good. Twitter had lots and lots to say about how ghetto Brockton is: “winner winner chicken dinner to the most ghetto town in the state. Brockton.”
Is Stoughton MA Safe?
Even compared to other suburbs in the area, Stoughton stacks up as a safe community, said Librett. Avon, Randolph, and Holbrook all experience more crime than Stoughton, according to statistics cited by Librett, while nearby Canton and Braintree experience slightly less.
Is Brockton a good place to live?
Brockton is an amazing place to live in. living on the west side of Brockton is so peaceful, the education is great and the teachers care. Brockton is a city about half an hour outside of Boston. One of the things that I like the most about Brockton is its diverseness and sense of community.
What is the nicest town in Massachusetts?
Best Towns to Raise Families in Massachusetts
- Amherst. Amherst is in Hampshire County and has a population of 40,000 people.
- Bedford. Bedford is an American historical hub located in Middlesex County.
- Springfield. Springfield is the third largest city in Massachusetts.
- North Adams.
What are the best suburbs of Boston?
A Buyer’s Guide to the Best Boston Suburbs
- Brookline. Bordering on Fenway and Mission Hill is the town of Brookline.
- Newton. Newton, which was named The Newe Towne back in the 1600s, is one of America’s original commuter suburbs just 11 miles from downtown Boston.
What is the crime rate in Brockton Ma?
The Brockton MA crime rate for 2018 was 904.9 per 100,000 population, a 5.25% decline from 2017. The Brockton MA crime rate for 2017 was 955.05 per 100,000 population, a 11.65% decline from 2016. The Brockton MA crime rate for 2016 was 1081.01 per 100,000 population, a 9.08% increase from 2015.
How far is Fall River from Brockton?
There are 27.30 miles from Brockton to Fall River in southwest direction and 31 miles (49.89 kilometers) by car, following the MA 24 S route. Brockton and Fall River are 35 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.