How do I call a number in Tokyo?
Example (a): the phone number in Tokyo is 03-3224-9999; from a phone in the U.S., dial 011 + 81 (Japan Country Code) + 3 (City Code) + 3224-9999 (local phone number). Do not dial the “0” in the “03” when dialing internationally.
Can I call Japan on my cell phone?
In order to call Japan, dial 011 +81, then the phone number. If you’re dialing a cell phone, remove the 0 from 011 to complete the call – simply add +81 to start of the number.
How do I dial a Japanese number?
To call Japan from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 81, the country code for Japan.
- Then dial the area code (1–5 digits — please see a sample calling code list below)
- and finally the phone number (4–7 digits).
What is Tokyo area code?
Tokyo’s area code is 03, although some outer suburbs have different area codes. Mobile phone numbers start with 090, 080 or 070; IP phone numbers with 050; and toll-free numbers with 0120, 0070, 0077, 0088 and 0800. When dialling Tokyo from abroad, drop the first 0; dial 81-3 or 81-90.
How do I call a local number?
It’s easy to call a local landline number using your telephone. Just place “0” and the area code before the landline number you want to call.
How do I make a local call to Japan?
Japanese telephone numbers are set out in the following order:
- Just dial the city code and subscriber’s number to make a local call.
- Be sure to include the area code when calling long-distance or outside of your area.
How many numbers are in a Japanese phone number?
Japanese phone numbers typically take the form (012)-345-6789. The numbers in parentheses are the area code which can vary in length from two to six digits; however, the phone number always has ten digits regardless of the area code’s length.
How do I call long distance to Japan?
How to Call Japan from the US
- Dial the exit code – 011.
- Next, dial 081, Japan’s country code.
- Then dial the area code (1-5 digits). Get the list of area codes in Japan below.
- Finally, dial the phone number (4-8 digits)
How can I make international calls for free?
How to Make Free International Calls
- Skype. Skype is a free app for Android, Apple, and Windows devices.
- WhatsApp. Another commonly used app is the Facebook-owned WhatsApp.
- FaceTime. If you’re connecting to another Apple user, you can use the built-in FaceTime app.
How do you text to Japan?
Type in “81.” 81 is the Japanese country code. Type in a person’s phone number. Tap the message field. It’s the blank field just above the right side of the keyboard.
How do you call a +44 number?
How Do I Call UK Landlines from the US?
- Step 1 – Dial Exit Code (011) First, to dial the UK from the US, enter the digits 011.
- Step 2 – Dial the Country Code (44) Secondly, enter the UK country code: 44.
- Step 3 – Dial the Area Code.
- Step 4 – Dial the Phone Number.
What happens if you call 119?
But now, 119 has become the standard emergency telephone number for calling the Police. When a caller dials 119, the request goes to the Police Emergency Division in Colombo, and will be diverted to the Police station nearest to the caller’s location, depending on the situation.
What is Canada’s emergency phone number?
What are the emergency response telephone numbers in foreign countries – police, ambulance, etc.?
|Country||Ambulance (Cell)||Police (Cell)|
How do you call the police in Japan?
Dial 110 emergency call is widely known among Japanese as a hotline to contact the police in the event of an emergency such as crime or accident.