How can I spend 5 days in Tokyo?
5 Day Tokyo Itinerary | What To Do & Authentic City Guide
- Day 1 – Harajaku, Meiji Shrine, Yoyogi Park, Omotesando, and Shibuya.
- Day 2 – Ginza, Tokyo Station, Imperial Palace, Nihombashi, Akihabara.
- Day 3 – Asakusa, Tokyo Skytree, Ueno, Nippori, Onsen.
- Day 4 – Kamakura day trip.
- Day 5 – Ryogoku, Korakuen.
Is 5 days in Japan enough?
While most people who travel to the country tend to spend a longer amount of time here, the good news is that you can actually see and do quite a bit even with just 5 days in Japan. If you’re the super active and “ambitious” type of traveler, you could be tempted to try and fit everything in.
How many days should you spend in Tokyo?
But, for most mortals with jobs and limited budgets, I’d suggest spending three or four days in Tokyo. For example, if you have a week to spend in Japan, I’d recommend three days in Tokyo and four in Kyoto. If you need help deciding how much time to spend in Tokyo versus Kyoto, see my Tokyo or Kyoto page.
What can you do in Tokyo for 6 days?
6 Day Tokyo Itinerary: The Tokyo Guide For First Time Visitors
- Day 1: Shibuya, Harajuku and Shinjuku.
- Day 2: Ikebukuro and Meiji Shrine.
- Day 3: Asakusa and Akihabara.
- Day 4: Ginza and Koto City.
- Day 5: Shinjuku, Minato, and Roppongi.
- Day 6: Day Trip From Tokyo.
Which is the best month to go to Japan?
Japan, while not especially large, is surprisingly vast. Frigid winters in Hokkaido make the subtropical islands of Okinawa seems worlds away. If you aren’t traveling to hit the ski slopes, the months from March to May and from September to November are generally considered the best times to visit the country.
What is the best itinerary for Japan?
The Ultimate Itinerary for a Trip to Japan: Unforgettable 7, 10 and 14 Day Journeys
- 1 7 Day Itinerary: Tokyo and Mt Fuji (Fuji Five Lakes)
- 2 7 Day Itinerary: Osaka, Kyoto and Nara.
- 3 10 Day Itinerary: Tokyo, Mt Fuji and Kyoto.
- 4 10 Day Itinerary: Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima.
What should you not miss in Tokyo?
5 Places Not to Miss in Tokyo
- Tsukiji Market. Metro stop: Tsukiji.
- Meiji Shrine. JR stop: Harajuku.
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. Metro stop: Shinjuku-gyoemmae.
- Harajuku. JR stop: Harajuku.
- The Arcades of Ikebukuro. Metro and JR stop: Ikebukuro.
- Bonus: Park Hyatt Tokyo. Metro and JR stop: Shinjuku.
How much money do I need for 5 days in Japan?
You should plan to spend around ¥13,775 ($131) per day on your vacation in Japan, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
How much does it cost to go to Japan for a week?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Japan is $1,659 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $1,913 for a family of 4. Japan hotels range from $62 to $304 per night with an average of $105, while most vacation rentals will cost $140 to $520 per night for the entire home.
Is Tokyo a walkable city?
If you haven’t been to Tokyo then you might just be scratching your head at my description. The reality is that for a long time I’ve been burned out when it comes to cities, and far preferred nature destinations. The city is incredibly walkable, and every area of the city has its own charm.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Tokyo?
- Tokyo is huge, so it’s important to stay somewhere convenient.
- The best places to stay are Shinjuku, the Tokyo Station Area, Ginza/Hibiya, Shibuya or Roppongi.
- Other decent places to stay include Nihombashi, Shinagawa, Hamamatsucho and Shiodome.
- Try to stay near a Yamanote Line (Tokyo loop line) station.
What should I do on my first day in Tokyo?
Tokyo 5-Day Itinerary
- Day 1: Yoyogi Park, Harajuku, Omotesando and Roppongi.
- Day 2: Shibuya and its surrounding areas.
- Day 3: Akihabara, Ueno Park, and Asakusa.
- Day 4: Shinjuku.
- Day 5: Toyosu Market, Tsukiji Market, Ginza.
- Day 6 Onward: Take day trips (or short trips) away from Tokyo.
- Want more?
How much spending money do I need for Tokyo?
You should plan to spend around ¥15,237 ($145) per day on your vacation in Tokyo, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ¥3,195 ($30) on meals for one day and ¥1,592 ($15) on local transportation.
What can you do in Tokyo for 7 days?
In Ueno Park, you can enjoy some delicious street food or even grab a blanket and have a picnic in the park.
- Tokyo National Museum.
- Tokyo Science Museum.
- Metropolitan Art Museum.
- Ueno Zoo.
- Shitamachi Museum.
- Ginza Wako.
- Ginza Six.
- Tokyu Plaza Ginza.
Which part of Tokyo is best to stay?
The best areas to stay in Tokyo for tourists are Shinjuku and Ginza. Other good places to stay in Tokyo are Tokyo Station, Shibuya and Asakusa. It is best to stay near JR Yamanote train line or any subway line for easy access to Tokyo tourist sites.