What can you do in Tokyo in 3 days?
3 days in Tokyo itinerary and what to do
- 1 Day 1: Landing in Tokyo, Shibuya and Ueno. 1.1 Shibuya crossing. 1.2 Ueno Park and Ueno Zoo.
- 2 Day 2: Odaiba, Ginza and Hamarikyu Gardens. 2.1 Odaiba.
- 3 Day 3: Asakusa, Harajuku, Meiji Shrine and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. 3.1 Asakusa and Senso-ji temple.
Is 3 days enough in Tokyo?
The answer is yes if you structure your trip plan right. Here’s the thing: If you don’t know what to do in and where to go in Tokyo for 3 days, don’t worry. 3 days is enough for you to travel to some popular destinations in Tokyo, and experience the culture of Tokyo.
How many days do you need to see Tokyo?
Generally speaking, two weeks is usually the recommended days that foreigners usually spend in Japan if their only goal is just for sightseeing and traveling purposes. From that two weeks, visitors usually spend around 3 to 5 days in Tokyo and spend the rest in other destinations.
What can you do in Tokyo in 2 days?
THE BEST OF TOKYO IN 2 DAYS: Sample Itinerary and Budget
- Stop 1: Toei Transportation Information Center.
- Stop 2: Joyful Minowa Shopping Street.
- Stop 3: Ramen 1/20 (Ramen Nijubunnoichi)
- Stop 4: Asukayama Park.
- Stop 5: Oji Inari Shrine.
- Stop 6: Akihabara.
- Stop 7: Tokyo SkyTree.
- Stop 8: Asakusa.
What should you not miss in Tokyo?
5 Places Not to Miss in Tokyo
- Tsukiji Market. Metro stop: Tsukiji.
- Meiji Shrine. JR stop: Harajuku.
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden. Metro stop: Shinjuku-gyoemmae.
- Harajuku. JR stop: Harajuku.
- The Arcades of Ikebukuro. Metro and JR stop: Ikebukuro.
- Bonus: Park Hyatt Tokyo. Metro and JR stop: Shinjuku.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Tokyo?
- Tokyo is huge, so it’s important to stay somewhere convenient.
- The best places to stay are Shinjuku, the Tokyo Station Area, Ginza/Hibiya, Shibuya or Roppongi.
- Other decent places to stay include Nihombashi, Shinagawa, Hamamatsucho and Shiodome.
- Try to stay near a Yamanote Line (Tokyo loop line) station.
How long does it take from Tokyo to Mt Fuji by bullet train?
Travelling between Tokyo and Mount Fuji by local trains takes about 2 to 3 hours, and includes at least one transfer. At Shinjuku Station, you can catch the JR Chuo limited express train and arrive to Kawaguchiko Station in about an hour.
How long is the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo?
Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Between Tokyo and Osaka. The best way to travel between Tokyo and Osaka is the shinkansen (bullet train). The fastest type of shinkansen, which is called the Nozomi, takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes and costs Y13,620 for a one-way trip in an unreserved seat.
What is the best restaurant in Tokyo?
20 Best Restaurants in Tokyo 2021
- Kobe Beef Teppnyaki Hakushu (Shibuya) An extremely popular family-owned Teppanyaki restaurant in Shibuya area.
- Sukiyabashi Jiro (Ginza)
- Ginza Kyubey (Ginza)
- Tempura Kondo (Ginza)
- Rokkasen (Shinjuku)
- Gyuan (Ginza)
- Charcoal Cuisine Kobe Beef Ikuta (Shinjuku)
- Yakiniku Han no Daidokoro (Shibuya)
What should I do on my first day in Tokyo?
Tokyo 5-Day Itinerary
- Day 1: Yoyogi Park, Harajuku, Omotesando and Roppongi.
- Day 2: Shibuya and its surrounding areas.
- Day 3: Akihabara, Ueno Park, and Asakusa.
- Day 4: Shinjuku.
- Day 5: Toyosu Market, Tsukiji Market, Ginza.
- Day 6 Onward: Take day trips (or short trips) away from Tokyo.
- Want more?
What month is the cheapest to fly to Japan?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Japan is April. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest Japan flight deals.
How much does it cost to go to Japan for 1 week?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Japan is $1,659 for a solo traveler, $2,690 for a couple, and $1,913 for a family of 4. Japan hotels range from $62 to $304 per night with an average of $105, while most vacation rentals will cost $140 to $520 per night for the entire home.
Do you need a visa to go Japan?
To enter Japan you need a passport and a visa (unless you are from a country which is visa-exempt). There are 68 countries whose citizens can enter visa-free for tourism or business. Other nationalities currently need to go to a Japanese embassy or consulate to apply for a visa.
What is Tokyo City Centre?
The center of big business surprises with pockets of retro charm, sprawling gardens and the world’s busiest fish market. Arranged around Tokyo Station and the Imperial Palace, the city centre has always been the seat of political and economic power.
What time should I go to Tsukiji outer market?
Admission is always free. The best time to visit the Tsukiji Outer Market is early in the morning, before the crowds arrive and just when they start serving the delicious sushi and fresh seafood breakfasts of the day.