Where do locals eat in Athens Greece?
Here we list a few of the locals‘ favorites to enjoy lunch or dinner during your stay at the Greek capital.
- Theio Tragi – Punk Bistro.
- Avli tou Petrou.
- Nonna Emotional Cooking.
- Ama Lachei Stis Nefelis.
- Mpiftekopoleio (o Stavros)
- Kitsoulas Taverna.
Where should I eat dinner in Athens?
The authentic guide of where to eat in Athens
- Traditional eating, ‘taverna’ style.
- To Steki tou Ilia.
- Barbounaki (for seafood lovers)
- Feedel ‘urban gastronomy’
What should tourists eat in Athens?
Traditional Greek food is popular all over the world – especially classic dishes like souvlaki (grilled meat skewers), moussaka (similar to lasagna), spanakopita (spinach pie) and horitaki salata (Greek salad).
Where did Anthony Bourdain eat in Athens?
For more traditional food Aster was recommended and two Anthony Bourdain spots that I’ve heard great things about are Atlantikos and the hidden DiPorto. They are not glamorous but their food is incredible.
Where should I eat lunch in Athens?
Where we’ve been
- Philos 32 Solonos, Kolonaki, 106 73.
- Ergon House Athens 23 Mitropoleos, Historic Centre, 105 57.
- It Restaurant 29 Skoufa, Kolonaki, 106 73.
- Athénée 9 Voukourestiou, Historic Centre, 106 71 Read more.
What should I buy in Athens?
A Checklist of the Best 10 Things to Buy in Athens When You Visit
- Mati/evil eye. Photo credit: Eidoloon on VisualHunt.com / CC BY.
- Worry beads. Worry beads make for a great souvenir from Athens.
- Ouzo and Mastiha liqueurs.
- Natural sponges.
- Homemade soaps.
- Greek olive oil.
- Olive oil beauty products.
Is Athens cheap?
Overall, Athens is an affordable option for budget travelers — but prices skyrocket on the surrounding islands.
What are the bad areas of Athens?
When keeping in mind areas to avoid in Athens, know that Omonia, Exarcheia, Vathi, and Kolokotroni Squares have high crime rates and should be avoided at night, if not altogether.
What is the best area to stay in Athens Greece?
Recommended stay: 1 to 3 full days. Where To Stay in Athens: The best neighborhoods for visitors are Plaka, Monastiraki, Syntagma, Koukaki, and Kolonaki – all are walking distance to the Acropolis and other top historical sights. Athens is packed with tourists from May to October. Book hotels early for the best deals.
What can you not eat in Greece?
*Avoid fried things such as meatballs, small fish, fries-not because they are fried but because many of these restaurants pre-fry these foods and then just warm them up, as a result you will be eating mushy and not crispy food. Also do not order moussaka.
What do Greeks drink?
Ouzo is considered the national drink of Greece. In technical terms, it is either produced by partial distillation or the admixture of plain alcohol with aromatic herbs.
What food is famous in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)