What is there to do today in Memphis?
12 Best Things To Do In Memphis, Tennessee
- 1.) Victorian Village.
- 2.) See Graceland.
- 3.) Experience the Beauty Shop Restuarant.
- 4.) Gorge at Central BBQ.
- 5.) Peabody Rooftop Party & Ducks.
- 6.) Reflect at National Civil Rights Museum and Lorraine Motel.
- 7.) Sing into Elvis’s mike at Sun Studio.
- 8.) Chow down at Gus’s Fried Chicken.
What is there to do on Beale Street tonight?
12 Things to Do on Beale Street for Kids & Teens
- A. SCHWAB TRADING CO.
- MEMPHIS ROCK ‘N’ SOUL MUSEUM.
- HARD ROCK CAFE.
- B.B. KING’S BLUES CLUB & GRILL.
- SILKY O’SULLIVANS.
- DYER’S BURGER.
- MEMPHIS MUSIC RECORD SHOP.
- TATER REDS LUCKY MOJO’S.
What is there to do in Memphis Tennessee this weekend?
You’ll find that many of Memphis’ best attractions offer free day admissions.
- Graceland, home of Elvis Presley. 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Memphis Zoo.
- Mud Island Riverwalk.
- National Civil Rights Museum.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music.
- Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum.
- Memphis Brooks Museum of Art.
- Dixon Gallery & Gardens.
Is Memphis safe right now?
Memphis isn’t the safest city though it’s slowly regaining some safety on its streets. It has some extremely dangerous areas that should be avoided. You are advised to remain vigilant around tourist landmarks, since pickpockets are an issue there, and keep an eye out for suspicious activities wherever you go.
Is it safe to walk around downtown Memphis?
Memphis is generally a safe city for tourists. You’ll notice a lot of police presence downtown (especially around Beale Street) in both the day and night, but travelers should still exercise caution in tourist areas, which are known to have a high concentration of panhandlers.
What should you not miss in Memphis?
Best Things To Do in Memphis
- #1. National Civil Rights Museum – Lorraine Motel. National Civil Rights Museum – Lorraine Motel.
- #2. Stax Museum of American Soul Music. Stax Museum of American Soul Music.
- #3. Sun Studio. Sun Studio.
- #4. Peabody Ducks. Peabody Ducks.
- #5. Graceland. Graceland.
- #6. Beale Street.
- #7. Belz Museum of Asian & Judaic Art.
- #8. Memphis Zoo.
Is Beale Street dangerous?
Most panhandlers are harmless, but there are thieves that will snatch your wallet if you bring it out. It’s safer to give loose change from your pocket or avoid giving money to panhandlers entirely.
Does it cost to go on Beale Street?
There’s no cover charge for Beale Street or bars. There’s a charge for parking.
What is Beale Street famous for?
One of the most iconic streets in America. Three blocks of nightclubs, restaurants and shops in the heart of downtown Memphis. The Beale Street Entertainment District is a melting pot of delta blues, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll, R&B and gospel.
Is Memphis worth visiting?
Memphis is absolutely worth a visit if you love (or are willing to try) eating wonderful barbecue, listening to great blues music, and visiting Elvis’ famous home-Graceland. Memphis is a wonderful southern town, well deserving of a several day stop-over.
Is Memphis a dangerous city?
Unfortunately for the people of Memphis, Tennessee, their city was ranked the most dangerous in the country, according to a new study released Tuesday by Clever Real Estate. “Those numbers equate to a rate of about 1,142 violent crimes per 100,000 people in the Memphis area — nearly seven times the rate in Denver.”
What day is the Memphis Zoo free?
The Memphis Zoo allows free general admission to Tennessee residents with ID on Tuesday afternoons from 2 p.m. to close. NOTE: There is a $3 Conservation Fee to enter the CHINA exhibit where the Giant Pandas are located. Persons ages 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult age 21 or older.
How dangerous is Memphis 2020?
Crime rates in the most dangerous metros
|2020 rank||Metro area||Violent crime per 1,000|
What are the bad areas of Memphis?
The most dangerous areas in Memphis is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Parkway Village-Oakhaven.
- Shelby Forest-Frayser.
- Berclair-Highland Heights.
- White Haven-Coro Lake.
- East Memphis-Colonial-Yorkshire.
Is Memphis walkable?
Memphis is the 37th most walkable large city in the US with a Walk Score of 36.