Which is the best area to stay in Mumbai?
Pick the Perfect Places to Make the Base to Explore Mumbai
- Colaba. Colaba.
- Fort Kala Ghoda. Fort Kala Ghoda (source)
- Andheri West/Versova. Andheri West (source)
- Bandra-Kurla Complex. Bandra Kurla Complex (source)
- Bandra West. Bandra West (source)
- Marine Drive.
Where should tourists stay in Mumbai?
The 5 Best Neighborhoods in Mumbai for Tourists
- Colaba. At the southern end of the peninsula, Colaba includes the area more officially known as Apollo Bandar.
- Marine Drive (Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Marg)
- Chowpatty & Kemps Corner.
- Juhu Beach.
- Near the Airport – Andheri East & Vile Parle East.
Where do you stay in Mumbai?
Great access to the city centre! Check these places to stay in Mumbai
- Hotel New Shalimar. South Mumbai, Mumbai.
- Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. South Mumbai, Mumbai.
- ITC Grand Central Mumbai A Luxury Collection Hotel.
- OYO 41676 Hotel Global Heritage.
- InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai.
- Hotel West Inn.
- Hotel Elphinstone.
What should I avoid in Mumbai?
There are a few important things to avoid doing when travelling in Mumbai:
- Flash Your Money Around.
- Eat Suspicious Street Food.
- Wear Tight or Revealing Clothing.
- Pass Objects with Your Left Hand.
Is Oyo rooms safe for unmarried couples in Mumbai?
Yes. OYO provides safe and secure hotels to unmarried couples. Most OYO hotels allow unmarried couples and accept local IDs; they have well-trained staff who ensure safety and privacy.
How many days is enough in Mumbai?
1. Re: How many days required in Mumbai? You should spend at least 3 days in Mumbai. Best place to stay is South Mumbai, preferably Colaba.
Which is the richest area in Mumbai?
- Lokhandwala Complex.
- Lower Parel.
- Breach Candy. Breach Candy is an affluent neighborhood situated on Warden Road on the edge of the Arabian Sea.
- Powai. Located in Powai, Hiranandani Gardens is an upscale township comprising 42 residential buildings and 23 commercial buildings.
How can I spend 2 days in Mumbai?
DAY 2: SIDDI VINAYAK TEMPLE – NEHRU SCIENCE CENTER – KAMALA NEHRU PARK
- 1 Sri Siddhivinayak Temple. Pilgrimage.
- 2 Bandra – Worli Sea Link. Miscellaneous.
- 3 Nehru Science Centre.
- 4 Haji Ali Dargah.
- 5 Mahalakshmi Temple.
- 6 Bhau Daji Lad Museum / Victoria & Albert Museum.
- 7 Sri Babulnath Temple.
- 8 Hanging Gardens / Kamla Nehru Park.
Is Mumbai an expensive city?
According to Mercer’s ‘2020 Cost of Living Survey’, Mumbai is the 60th most expensive city for expatriates globally, while it ranks 19th in Asia. Mumbai is the most expensive among Indian cities surveyed, followed by New Delhi (101st globally) and Chennai (143rd globally).
What should I see in Mumbai?
Places to Visit in Mumbai with Family
- Gateway of India, Mumbai.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai.
- Red Carpet Wax Museum, Mumbai.
- Haji Ali Dargah, Mumbai.
- Elephanta Caves, Mumbai.
- Siddhivinayak Temple, Mumbai.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST), Mumbai.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai.
How can I move around in Mumbai?
The Best Ways To Get Around Mumbai
- Local Train. There’s no mode of transport more integral to the city’s functioning as its train system – aptly dubbed the lifeline of the city.
- Buses. The BEST bus system covers almost the entire city, and even has services in Navi Mumbai, Thane and Mira- Bhayandar.
- Kaali-Peeli Cabs.
- Auto Rickshaw.
- Meru Cabs.
- Uber and Ola.
What is Colaba in Mumbai?
Colaba ([koˈlaːbaː]) or (ISO: Kolābā) is a part of the city of Mumbai, India. It is one of the two peninsulas of Mumbai while the other being Worli. During Portuguese rule in the 16th century, the island was known as Kolbhat. After the British took over the island in the late 17th century, it was known as Kolio.
Is Mumbai dirty?
Washington: India’s commercial capital, Mumbai, has been named among the world’s ‘dirtiest‘ cities, ranking last in the ‘cleanest streets’ category, a global survey of 40 key tourist cities has found.
Is Mumbai safe at night?
Yes definitely its far more safe than any other city in INDIA. People are roaming here there till 3 am -4 am in the night. You might get a chance to see celebrites driving their luxurious Car. But at night you cant go for a walk at worli sea link because of many suicide that has happened over past few years.
Can I wear shorts in Mumbai?
You can definitely wear shorts. There is no problem at all. A lot of locals wear it as it is hot & humid time in Mumbai.