What are the 5 most spoken languages?
- As a general rule, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, English, Bengali, and Arabic tend to occupy the top five spaces on the list, in varying order, but Hindi, Urdu, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, German, and French also rank very high. One way to look at the most common languages is to determine the number of native speakers.
Most Common Mexican Languages (by number of speakers today)
- Spanish Throughout Mexico 110 million
- Nahuatl Mostly central Mexico 2 million
- English Throughout Mexico 2 million
- Mayan languages Mostly southeastern Mexico 1.5 million
- Mixtec Southwestern Mexico 475,000
- Zapotec Oaxaca and surrounding area 450,000
- Otomi Eastern Mexico 285,000
- German and Plautdietsch Various communities throughout Mexico 275,000
- Totonac Eastern Mexico 240,000
- Mazatec Oaxaca and surrounding area 220,000
- Mazahua Mexico State 150,000
- Chinantec Oaxaca and Veracruz 135,000
- Mixe Oaxaca 130,000
- Purepecha Michoacan 125,000
- Tlapanec Guerrero 120,000
- Tarahumara Northwestern Mexico 85,000
- Zoque Chiapas and surrounding area 60,000
- Tojolabal Chiapas 50,000
- Amuzgo Oaxaca and Guerrero 50,000
- Chatino Oaxaca 45,000
- Huichol Durango and surrounding area 45,000
- Popoluca Veracruz and surrounding area 40,000
- Mayo Sonora and Sinaloa 40,000
- Tepehuan Durango and surrounding area 35,000
- Triqui Oaxaca 30,000
- Popoloca Puebla 20,000
- Cora Nayarit 20,000
- Huave Southeastern Mexico 18,000
- Yaqui Sonora 17,000
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
What is the most common language spoken in Mexico?
Languages of Mexico Many different languages are spoken in Mexico , though Spanish is the most widespread . The government of Mexico uses Spanish for most official purposes, but in terms of legislation, its status is not that of an official primary language .
How many official languages does Mexico have what are the top 3 languages spoken in Mexico other than Spanish?
Some of the most widely spoken languages in Mexico, aside from Spanish, are Nahuatl, which has more than 1.7 million speakers, Maya, spoken by around 850,000 people, and Mixtec, with more than half a million speakers.
What languages do Mexico speak?
Испанский язык Астекские языки Миштеки Юкатекский язык Сапотекские языки
What are the top 3 languages spoken in the USA?
What Are The Most Spoken Languages In The U.S.? English – 254 million native speakers. Spanish – 43,200,000 native speakers. Chinese (including Cantonese , Mandarin and other varieties) – 2,900,000 native speakers. Tagalog – 1,610,000 native speakers. Vietnamese – 1,400,000 native speakers. French and French Creole (including Cajun) – 1,281,300 native speakers.
What is the main religion in Mexico?
What percent of Mexico speaks English?
|Country||Eligible population||Total English speakers (%)|
Is English spoken in Mexico?
English is not very widely spoken in Mexico overall, with only around 10% of the population speaking it, and only a small number of these being truly fluent. English is however much more prevalent in the major tourist destinations and towards the Northern border with the USA.
What percentage of Mexico speaks Spanish?
What is education like in Mexico?
In Mexico, basic education is normally divided in three steps: primary school (primaria), comprising grades 1–6; junior high school (secundaria), comprising grades 7–9; and high school (preparatoria), comprising grades 10–12.
What is Mexican Spanish called?
Mexican Spanish ( Spanish : español mexicano) is a set of varieties of the Spanish language as spoken in Mexico and in some parts of the United States and Canada. Spanish was brought to Mexico in the 16th century by Spanish Conquistadors.
Is Mexican and Spanish the same?
Mexican refers to an inhabitant or a native of Mexico which is a Latin American country. Hispanic refers to a person who speaks Spanish , one of Latin American descent and resides in the USA. In Mexico, Spanish is the main language but that doesn’t mean that all Mexicans can and do speak the language.
What is the first language in Mexico?
What is the most popular language?
What is the fastest growing language in the US?
What is the most used language in the US?