Which city is closest to the Poconos?
Cities near Pocono Mountains
- East Stroudsburg, PA.
- Dunmore, PA.
- Scranton, PA.
- Carbondale, PA.
- Port Jervis, NY.
- Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Kingston, PA.
- Hackettstown, NJ.
How do I get to Poconos from Philadelphia?
Greyhound USA operates a bus from Philadelphia to Mt Pocono twice daily. Tickets cost $18 – $26 and the journey takes 3h 20m. Greyhound is a leading bus company based in Dallas, Texas, serving over 3800 destinations across North America, Mexico and Canada.
How much does it cost to go to the Poconos?
A vacation to Pocono Mountains for one week usually costs around $975 for one person. So, a trip to Pocono Mountains for two people costs around $1,949 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $3,899 in Pocono Mountains.
What are the Poconos famous for?
The Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania have long been a destination for vacationers seeking to relax. The earliest resorts opened in the early 1900s. Known for theater and skiing—and with resorts ranging from affordable to exclusive—it grew in popularity through the 1920s and ’30s.
Where should I stay when visiting the Poconos?
6 Historic Places to Stay in the Poconos
- Cove Haven Resort. A holdover from the Poconos’ past as the ‘Honeymoon Capital of the World’, Cove Haven Resort has been welcoming visitors since the 1940’s.
- Skytop Lodge.
- The Harry Packer Mansion Inn.
- The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort.
- Woodloch Resort.
- French Manor Inn and Spa.
What is there to do in the Poconos today?
50 Best Things to Do in the Poconos, Pennsylvania
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. © Courtesy of oldmn – Fotolia.com.
- Bushkill Falls, Poconos, PA.
- Poconos PA: No.
- Great Wolf Lodge Waterpark, The Poconos.
- Poconos Weekend Getaway: Promised Land State Park.
- Poconos weekend getaway: Kalahari Waterpark, Poconos.
- Eckley Miners’ Village, Poconos.
- F. M.
How far is Poconos from DC?
Distance from Mount Pocono, PA to Washington, DC
There are 176.76 miles from Mount Pocono to Washington in southwest direction and 231 miles (371.76 kilometers) by car, following the I-476 S and PATP route. Mount Pocono and Washington are 4 hours far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What airport do you fly into for the Poconos?
The closest airport is the Lehigh Valley International Airport or ABE. It is in Allentown, PA about 30 miles from the resort. It will take 40 – 45 minutes. The next closest airport is Newark International Airport or EWR.
How do you get to Poconos without a car?
The best way to get from Port Authority Bus Terminal to Mount Pocono without a car is to bus which takes 1h 45m and costs $35 – $50. 5 дней назад
How far is Poconos from NYC?
The distance between New York and Pocono Mountains is 66 miles. 5 дней назад
What to do in the Poconos in the fall?
14 Best Things to Do in the Poconos for Fall Fun
- Train Ride. Take a scenic train ride through the region’s eclectic towns.
- Biking. Autumn leaves line over 260 miles of trails, setting the scene for biking.
- Horseback Riding. Giddy up!
- Scenic Drive.
- Adventure Park.
- River Trips.
What is there to do in the Poconos in the winter?
10 Must-Do Winter Adventures in the Poconos (Other Than Downhill Skiing)
- Snow Tubing. The easiest way for non-skiers to get on the slopes is snow tubing.
- Indoor Waterparks.
- Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing.
- Indoor Go-Karts.
- Ice Skating.
- All-Terrain Vehicles.
- Ice Fishing.
Is Poconos a good investment?
The bottom line is that a new Pocono home is a strong, stable investment. And while real estate can go down in value at times, it always recovers… always.
What can couples do in the Poconos?
The Best Things to Do in the Pocono Mountains for Couples
- Horseback Riding. Explore the Pocono Mountains in the most exciting way possible.
- Admire the Fall Foliage.
- Candlelit Dinner.
- Enjoy the History.
Are there bears in Poconos?
Pennsylvania black bears have managed not only to survive, but to thrive in our midst. They are among the largest in the world, and the Pocono region boasts some real record-holders.