Where should I stay when visiting Philadelphia?
Best areas to stay in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Old City, one of the best places to stay in Philadelphia.
- Center City, the best hotels in downtown Philadelphia.
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway, a great area to stay in Philly.
- Rittenhouse Square, luxury hotels in Philadelphia.
- South Philly, cheap accommodation in Philadelphia.
What is the best part of Philly?
While there are many neighborhoods, these five are the most prized by buyers, renters and visitors for their housing, amenities and viability:
- Old City, Society Hill and Queen Village.
- Rittenhouse Square.
- Chestnut Hill/Mount Airy. University City.
Which part of Philadelphia is safest?
Safest Neighborhoods in Philadelphia
- Bustleton – The Safest Philadelphia Neighborhood to Live In.
- Somerton – Quiet Living in Philadelphia.
- Chestnut Hill – Affluent & Peaceful Community in Philadelphia.
- Rhawnhurst – Welcoming Philadelphia Community for All.
- Fox Chase – Affordable, Safe Philadelphia Neighborhood.
What parts of Philadelphia should I avoid?
What Are The “Bad” Areas Of Philadelphia
- #1 Fairhill. With a population of just over 17 thousand, Fairhill is known as “El Centro de Oro” or “Center of God” and is located in the Northeast section of Philadelphia.
- #2 North Philadelphia/East.
- #3 Alleghany West.
- #4 Parkland.
- #5 Hunting Park.
- #6 Tioga-Nicetown.
- #7 Mantua.
How many days do you need to visit Philadelphia?
2 Days in Philadelphia is ideal.
See the sights of Philadelphia in a weekend, or as part of a larger USA trip (New York City is just a quick train ride away, afterall). 2-3 days is the perfect amount of time. While this is a 2 day itinerary, I’ve included many additional suggestions if you want to enjoy another day.
Is Philadelphia safe for tourists?
Although the main tourist areas of Philadelphia like Center City are generally safe, frequent travelers say other parts of the city (like South, North or West Philly) can be very dangerous. Use common sense during your stay: Keep your valuables near you (and preferably hidden from view) at all times.
Where do the rich live in Philadelphia?
Rittenhouse Square is often considered one of the most sought after and most affluent neighborhoods in Philadelphia, and for good reason. Real estate prices are among the highest in this enclave and Rittenhouse’s central location is perfect for easy access to restaurants, shops and Center City office buildings.
Which is better Philly or Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh has a much lower cost of living and a lot of the amenities of a “big city,” without actually being a big city. The cost of living is higher, but one could say it’s worth it. The weather is somewhat better in Philadelphia than Pittsburgh – maybe 2–4 degrees warmer, year round, and generally more sunny days.
Is South Philadelphia a ghetto?
While it is true that Philly has some ghettos in the North Philly, West Philly, and East Germantown areas, it’s not true that the whole city is ghetto. However, to the untrained eye, South Philly (between downtown and the stadiums & airport) may seem like ghetto, but it really isn’t.
Is South Philly safe at night?
Wander too far north or too far south
Center City is extremely safe, and you can feel comfortable on the streets basically any time of day or night, but if you wander too far north from Fishtown, Center City or too far south from South Philly, you may find yourself in a sticky spot.
Is Chinatown Philadelphia Safe?
Safety. Chinatown’s impressive safety ratings rank it as markedly safer than Philadelphia as a whole, especially other neighborhoods near Center City. Chinatown has just 1.02 violent crimes per 1,000 residents each year, while Philadelphia reports violent crime rates measuring closer to 11 per 1,000 people.
Where can a family live in Philadelphia?
- Chesterbrook. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Penn Wynne. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Devon. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Narberth. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Berwyn. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Ardmore. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Swarthmore. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
- Blue Bell. Suburb of Philadelphia, PA.
What part of Philly is ghetto?
Usually, it is widely understood to be an area between Kensington Avenue to the east and Broad Street to the west, and between Hunting Park Avenue to the north and York Street to the south, mostly coinciding with the neighborhoods of Fairhill, Glenwood, Hunting Park, Harrowgate, Stanton, North Central, West Kensington,
What is the most dangerous city in PA?
Here are the top 10 cities with the highest number of violent and property crimes, including robberies and burglaries, according to the analysis. McKees Rocks: This borough in Allegheny County has been named the most dangerous two consecutive years by RoadSnacks.
Is Philly more dangerous than NYC?
Philadelphia among top deadliest cities in U.S. this year
Criminal justice academics who study crime say cities have been destabilized by pandemic lockdowns. And for the fourth year in a row, Philadelphia is seeing more homicides than New York City, a city where the population is more than five times bigger.